Not enjoying this K100D
Posted 06/01/2009 - 13:27
Link
Graham please don't feel that you have to apologise. There are some great people on this site and some are very knowledgeable and kind with what they know too. It's just that, sadly, theres a lot of people who follow pentax like it's a football team and have lost any sense of reality about what are actually just more consumer products of indifferent design for the most part. SOME of the pentax models are a bit better than the norm but that's not saying much.
If anyone can do it then pentax can,...only at the moment they're not!
If anyone can do it then pentax can,...only at the moment they're not!
Posted 06/01/2009 - 13:39
Link
GrahamNR17 wrote:
Just wanted to pop my head round the door and apologise - I hadn't intended for anyone to fall-out when I asked for advice about smallera cameras
You are not the one slinging around personal insults, so there is absolutely no reason for you to apologise.
Just wanted to pop my head round the door and apologise - I hadn't intended for anyone to fall-out when I asked for advice about smallera cameras
Posted 06/01/2009 - 16:15
Link
Viewfinder,
What is so terribly wrong with the K100D and K200D? I have used both a lot, and I feel very comfortable using them.
You are, of course, entitled to have your own opinions, but maybe you should use the IMHO abbreviation once in a while. Stating opinions as facts is not working for me, anyway.
What is so terribly wrong with the K100D and K200D? I have used both a lot, and I feel very comfortable using them.
You are, of course, entitled to have your own opinions, but maybe you should use the IMHO abbreviation once in a while. Stating opinions as facts is not working for me, anyway.
Best regards
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Posted 06/01/2009 - 17:09
Link
There are many things in life to be miserable about. Pentax cameras is not one of them.
I state that as fact
I state that as fact
~Pete
Posted 06/01/2009 - 17:35
Link
iceblinker wrote:
There are many things in life to be miserable about. Pentax cameras is not one of them.
I state that as fact
Well said, Pete
There are many things in life to be miserable about. Pentax cameras is not one of them.
I state that as fact
Best regards
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Posted 06/01/2009 - 20:10
Link
iceblinker wrote:
There are many things in life to be miserable about. Pentax cameras is not one of them.
I state that as fact
For preference I'd use a Leica but I can't afford one so I'm using a Pentax and it's very good at its job and feels good. In fact it feels very good but I can see that if you were a large format user coming firstly to digital and then to smaller than FF 35mm you could well feel very uncomfortable with any such camera not just a Pentax. After nearly 40 years Viewfinder must practically 'see' in square format and quite possibly monochrome as well.There are many things in life to be miserable about. Pentax cameras is not one of them.
I state that as fact
Maybe Viewfinder should explore that bunch who make the digital backs for medium format cameras whose name eludes me.
Mike
PS Now I think about it the K10D does really fall into the hand very nicely in the way that the Leicas did. It's too big and heavy but I can cope.
Posted 06/01/2009 - 20:21
Link
mikew wrote:
the K10D [is] too big and heavy but I can cope.
After a week lugging my camera bag around (K10D + grip, LX, kit lens, 12-24 zoom, 50-135 zoom, Sigma 50 macro, SMC-A 50mm F1.4, SMC-M 200mm F4, SMC-M 28-50mm, flash...) my lady love picked the bag up for me one afternoon. She was a little horrified at the weight! Oh well, I was never very good at travelling light.the K10D [is] too big and heavy but I can cope.
Cheers, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 06/01/2009 - 21:57
Link
I've realised that when on holiday it's best to have one body and one lens when going out - or indeed nothing at all and reserve the equipment for deliberate forays. I only took the Tamron 17-50 to Barcelona and didn't regret it (apart from going to Barcelona at all that is - very disappointing city IMO while I imagine NY is pretty damn good).
Mike
Mike
Posted 06/01/2009 - 22:21
Link
My Architect son Mike went to Barcelona with a group of his Architect firends and they were all very excited about Barcelona, so I guess it depends on what your interests are!
They also liked NYC.
They also liked NYC.
Best regards, John
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


136 posts
17 years
Norfolk,
UK