North Yorkshire coast 3
Posted 13/11/2017 - 20:59
Link
Really lovely set of images.. Enjoyed them...
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses
Stuart..
Stuart..
Posted 13/11/2017 - 21:06
Link
Loved all 3 sets, top shooting.
K3, K3 II, 100MM 2.8 Macro, Sigma 10-20 3.5, Sigma 17-50 2.8, Nikon D7500, Tamron 150 600 G2
Posted 13/11/2017 - 22:08
Link
an excellent series of shots. they really show of the area. good shooting
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 13/11/2017 - 22:25
Link
First and last for me. The first would have made Turner proud with that sky.
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 14/11/2017 - 08:09
Link
I haven't been to Whitby for years; I want to go! Great set - even those where the weather is gloomy.
Andy
Posted 14/11/2017 - 10:45
Link
I agree with the comments above - well done!
Cheers.
Philip
Cheers.
Philip
Posted 14/11/2017 - 19:06
Link
I hadn't been to Saltwick Bay before even though I live around 20 miles away however your shots inspired me to take a visit this afternoon. The tide was just starting to go out so I need to go back again, none the less I ended up with quite a few shots this being my favourite:

Thanks for the heads up and inspiration.

Thanks for the heads up and inspiration.
John K
Posted 14/11/2017 - 20:29
Link
Very nice John... enjoyed this series of 3... particularly like 7 of this group... good taste and feel of the area...
Best
Best
Posted 14/11/2017 - 20:30
Link
That shark must be huge.
Philip
Philip
Posted 14/11/2017 - 20:35
Link
Thanks to all who have commented - it's always interesting and often stimulating to read what others think.
JAK, Saltwick Bay is all in the timing of the visit, isn't it? I went twice during our stay up there: the first time I arrived as the tide was coming in on a dull day so left disappointed - no way was I going to get stuck on the rocks and cut off by the tide! I timed my second visit to coincide with the low tide time, which gave me plenty of time to potter around, but it was about 8am and little sign of sun or water. You seem to have timed it better - I'm pleased at least that my efforts prompted you to go there, even if the main attraction of the wreck of the Admiral von Tromp was inaccessible! Another visit is definitely called for!
JAK, Saltwick Bay is all in the timing of the visit, isn't it? I went twice during our stay up there: the first time I arrived as the tide was coming in on a dull day so left disappointed - no way was I going to get stuck on the rocks and cut off by the tide! I timed my second visit to coincide with the low tide time, which gave me plenty of time to potter around, but it was about 8am and little sign of sun or water. You seem to have timed it better - I'm pleased at least that my efforts prompted you to go there, even if the main attraction of the wreck of the Admiral von Tromp was inaccessible! Another visit is definitely called for!
John
Posted 14/11/2017 - 21:27
Link
jvs wrote:
Thanks to all who have commented - it's always interesting and often stimulating to read what others think.
JAK, Saltwick Bay is all in the timing of the visit, isn't it? I went twice during our stay up there: the first time I arrived as the tide was coming in on a dull day so left disappointed - no way was I going to get stuck on the rocks and cut off by the tide! I timed my second visit to coincide with the low tide time, which gave me plenty of time to potter around, but it was about 8am and little sign of sun or water. You seem to have timed it better - I'm pleased at least that my efforts prompted you to go there, even if the main attraction of the wreck of the Admiral von Tromp was inaccessible! Another visit is definitely called for!
Absolutely right. I need to check the tide tables. It might be good for an early visit with the sun rising. I've passed the turn off to there dozens of times, just didn't know what was down that short track!
Thanks to all who have commented - it's always interesting and often stimulating to read what others think.
JAK, Saltwick Bay is all in the timing of the visit, isn't it? I went twice during our stay up there: the first time I arrived as the tide was coming in on a dull day so left disappointed - no way was I going to get stuck on the rocks and cut off by the tide! I timed my second visit to coincide with the low tide time, which gave me plenty of time to potter around, but it was about 8am and little sign of sun or water. You seem to have timed it better - I'm pleased at least that my efforts prompted you to go there, even if the main attraction of the wreck of the Admiral von Tromp was inaccessible! Another visit is definitely called for!
John K
Posted 19/11/2017 - 22:22
Link
This looks a cracking location! Seems to have plenty to shoot. Particularly like the seascape images
Gareth Williams ARPS
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


987 posts
15 years
Hudds,
West Yorks
1 Sunrise at RHB
2 Black Nab, Saltwick Bay
3 Shipwreck
4 Whitby seen from Sandsend
5 Incoming tide at Sandsend
6 ditto
7 Late afternoon at Whitby
8 ditto
9 and again
10 Whitby Abbey
11 ditto