North West Stages Rally, Blackpool

simonarron

Link Posted 08/02/2015 - 20:04
First time I've attended this event - great atmosphere and I found a terrific hotel that charged 25 per night including breakfast and unlimited wifi. Photographic opportunities limited because my Punto lapsed onto three cylinders, so I had to wait for the AA to fit a replacement coil before being able to follow the action, but it was well worth the 510-mile round trip...

1 - Something to do while waiting for the rally press office to open (K3, DA 300)

2 - Just before the Friday evening start (K-5 IIs, Tamron 17-50)

3 - Absolutely Fabia (K-3, Sigma 50-150)

4 - Do not adjust your screen: this really happened )K-3, DA 300)

5 - Tailgates of the unexpected (K-3, DA 300)

6 - Primed for action (K-5 IIs, Tamron 17-50)

7 - Slip-slidin' away (K-3, DA 300)

8 - Home on the range (K-3, DA 300)

reso

Link Posted 08/02/2015 - 20:41
Great set just love the photo of the 6r4
Phill
k5iis sigma 10-20 3,5 hsm pentax da 16-45 f4 tamron 17-50 2.8 pentax 17-70 f4 sigma 18-125 hsm sigma af 24 2.8 pentax f 35-70 pentax da 55-300 samsung dfa 100 2.8 sigma 70-200 apo ex 2.8
kenko pz af 1.5 tele tamron pz af 2.0 tele and a flash

Stuey

Link Posted 08/02/2015 - 21:52
Very nice - love the 6r4

I watched a corsa pass an impreza in new brighton last year and now land rovers appear to be getting in on the act as well
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

stu62

Link Posted 08/02/2015 - 22:04
think they are all great but as a petrol head there is only one car there no suprise that it as been mentioned the 6r4 that sound when driven in anger

Stuey

Link Posted 08/02/2015 - 23:14
Just to show how sad I am the 6r4 engine is a 6 cylinder version of the v8 rover with twin can 12 valve heads and retains the same firing order as the v8 which gives it the unique sound

Sad person confirmation sorted

My Flickr site link

simonarron

Link Posted 09/02/2015 - 06:24
Stuey wrote:
Just to show how sad I am the 6R4 engine is a 6-cylinder version of the V8 Rover...

No sadness there, Stuey. I'thought everybody knew that?

Thanks for the kind words, all. I've awoken to notice that the horizon in #2 is on the slant - one of my pet hates. Suspect I was looking at the wrong line when I first edited it with tired eyes - either that or I'd had too much Sauvignon Blanc and genuinely thought it was straight. Now tweaked, albeit too late to replace the original in the post above.

And for the record, the Impreza spun seconds after #4 was taken - and the Land Rover clobbered it. Suspect the Subaru driver might have been watching mirror rather than road, for some reason. The accident happened too close to me for the 300mm to be any use. One vehicle was able to continue subsequently and one wasn't. No prizes for guessing which was which. Here's a shot of the survivor being bullied back into shape before rejoining (K-5 IIs, Tamron 17-50)...

08tiger

Link Posted 09/02/2015 - 10:05
Very well done Simon,the 3rd one put a smile on the dial.
C&C welcome.
Don.

Stuey

Link Posted 09/02/2015 - 21:47
simonarron wrote:
Stuey wrote:
Just to show how sad I am the 6R4 engine is a 6-cylinder version of the V8 Rover...

No sadness there, Stuey. I'thought everybody knew that?

Thanks for the kind words, all. I've awoken to notice that the horizon in #2 is on the slant - one of my pet hates. Suspect I was looking at the wrong line when I first edited it with tired eyes - either that or I'd had too much Sauvignon Blanc and genuinely thought it was straight. Now tweaked, albeit too late to replace the original in the post above.

And for the record, the Impreza spun seconds after #4 was taken - and the Land Rover clobbered it. Suspect the Subaru driver might have been watching mirror rather than road, for some reason. The accident happened too close to me for the 300mm to be any use. One vehicle was able to continue subsequently and one wasn't. No prizes for guessing which was which. Here's a shot of the survivor being bullied back into shape before rejoining (K-5 IIs, Tamron 17-50)...

Perhaps this knowledge should be compulsory

I hadn't noticed the horizon

My Flickr site link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.