No card in camera problem? K3.

caj26

Link Posted 28/04/2014 - 20:57
Had this problem before told to reset camera solved problem but was told to have Pentax look at it. They couldn't find a problem with it so told must be the cards ( Lexar) which have been replaced. Taking photos today with one card in the camera , it comes up with "No card in the camera" again, what do you think? Thanks.

johnriley

Link Posted 28/04/2014 - 21:38
Have you formatted the cards in the camera you intend to use them in? That in itself should prevent most problems.

Failing that, try formatting in another camera and then format in the K-3.
Best regards, John

davidstorm

Link Posted 28/04/2014 - 21:43
I would follow John's recommendation, failing that it is possible you have a problem with one of the contacts in the card bay of the camera, maybe a bent contact or similar?

Some cameras seem more finicky with cards than others are, my first K-5 was very temperamental and sometimes I had to remove and reinsert a card a few times before it worked.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

caj26

Link Posted 28/04/2014 - 21:44
Thanks for your comment.Yes I always format my cards in camera, although Lexar told me I should reformatt on the computer?!!

carmagw

Link Posted 28/04/2014 - 22:10
I think you maybe trying to write to 2 cards when there's only 1 in the camera. Check the setting by using the info button and looking at the memory card option icon. Just tried it with one card and 'save to both' it brings up the same message.

Regards

George

MattyH

Link Posted 28/04/2014 - 22:28
carmagw wrote:
I think you maybe trying to write to 2 cards when there's only 1 in the camera. Check the setting by using the info button and looking at the memory card option icon. Just tried it with one card and 'save to both' it brings up the same message.

Regards

George

Same here, a couple of weeks ago I was about to bin a new Sandisk card until I sat down with a brew and had I think about it

caj26

Link Posted 28/04/2014 - 22:50
Thanks both of you I will check it out.

RalphHardwick

Link Posted 29/04/2014 - 14:34
carmagw wrote:

Regards

George

Mine does the same thing but I have it set to send RAW to one card and jpg to the other.
I would guess that this is probably the issue
---------------------------------------------------------------------
CaptureLight Ltd
flickr
"I carry a camera to capture memories and the occasional photograph worthy of sharing"

caj26

Link Posted 29/04/2014 - 16:12
Yes it was on save to both cards so defiantly part of the problem. Thanks all of you for your comments.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.