next meeting
Posted 10/11/2009 - 16:22
Link
mikew wrote:
If you plan to do this may I put in plug for a former client the Edinburgh Tourist Board and their excellent Tourist Information Centre. If you explain what you're trying to do and the budget then I think they will be very helpful.
Or do as my wife does when she goes to the festival stay in some hostel or other whose name I can't recall but when she wakes up I'll ask. Very cheap and functional. One year it was the Mothers' Union which might not be so suitable though.
Mike
Do you mean she is still asleep and hasn't woken up since the festival ended?
If you plan to do this may I put in plug for a former client the Edinburgh Tourist Board and their excellent Tourist Information Centre. If you explain what you're trying to do and the budget then I think they will be very helpful.
Or do as my wife does when she goes to the festival stay in some hostel or other whose name I can't recall but when she wakes up I'll ask. Very cheap and functional. One year it was the Mothers' Union which might not be so suitable though.
Mike
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 10/11/2009 - 16:54
Link
Just asked her.
She used student lodgings which were nice and landing based which might have suited well but they are not available. However, you can have a mixed 8 bed dorm style accommodation for £9 a night and a lot of fun I dare say
So I was damn all help.
Mike
She used student lodgings which were nice and landing based which might have suited well but they are not available. However, you can have a mixed 8 bed dorm style accommodation for £9 a night and a lot of fun I dare say
So I was damn all help.
Mike
---------------------------------------------------
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
Posted 10/11/2009 - 18:55
Link
I've looked and can't recommend anywhere that I know personally, but if you try Late Rooms and send me a PM I can tell you if the area is OK.
Posted 10/11/2009 - 19:57
Link
I'm almost certainly going to be in Ilkley, believe it or not. ba'tat.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 10/11/2009 - 19:59
Link
mikew wrote:
Just asked her.
She used student lodgings which were nice and landing based which might have suited well but they are not available. However, you can have a mixed 8 bed dorm style accommodation for £9 a night and a lot of fun I dare say
So I was damn all help.
Mike
I've just come out of 8 bed dorm type accomodation courtesy of the NHS and it wasn't much fun at all
Just asked her.
She used student lodgings which were nice and landing based which might have suited well but they are not available. However, you can have a mixed 8 bed dorm style accommodation for £9 a night and a lot of fun I dare say
So I was damn all help.
Mike
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 10/11/2009 - 20:04
Link
Ken,
Thats very close. We could have another anglo-scottish meet, coffee whatever.
Dave
Thats very close. We could have another anglo-scottish meet, coffee whatever.
Dave
Posted 10/11/2009 - 20:29
Link
That would be good, I'll PM you once it is firmed up. I think I'm going to be in Leeds this Sunday, too.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 10/11/2009 - 20:30
Link
I told you all before come to Torremolinos Ryan Air were doing flights for £8 to Malaga and I have a 7 seats so I can pick up 6 of you and I'm sure I can get you a very good cheap hotel.
Jack.
Jack.
Posted 10/11/2009 - 20:32
Link
I afraid I will have to pass on this one, It would appear that the NHS have different ideas as to how I'm spending December.
Posted 10/11/2009 - 20:45
Link
jackitec wrote:
I told you all before come to Torremolinos Ryan Air were doing flights for £8 to Malaga and I have a 7 seats so I can pick up 6 of you and I'm sure I can get you a very good cheap hotel.
Jack.
Stop it!!!!!!!! Get thee behind me...
I told you all before come to Torremolinos Ryan Air were doing flights for £8 to Malaga and I have a 7 seats so I can pick up 6 of you and I'm sure I can get you a very good cheap hotel.
Jack.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 10/11/2009 - 20:57
Link
It's only 19C right now brrrrrr cold for me but it was 25C today no clouds
nice 'n' bright, so I can't tempt you then,
nice 'n' bright, so I can't tempt you then,
Posted 10/11/2009 - 21:17
Link
OK. We'd better put this one on hold. Unless anyone has a really good idea....
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


3241 posts
18 years
Worcestershire
Or do as my wife does when she goes to the festival stay in some hostel or other whose name I can't recall but when she wakes up I'll ask. Very cheap and functional. One year it was the Mothers' Union which might not be so suitable though.
Mike
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.