Newborn Protraits in Studio setting (my first try)
Posted 18/11/2010 - 06:12
Link
I like them, that's thinking out of the box.
Greg
Greg
Posted 18/11/2010 - 07:03
Link
These will be treasured memories before too long JA - nice.
Posted 18/11/2010 - 10:33
Link
Nice set JudithAnn, I love baby's expression in number 5
The only ones that don't quite work for me are number 4 and 7. In 4 the baby's skin is too similar to Dad's skin which looks a bit weird. The BW conversion in that one isn't quite right either it just somehow looks too grey. In 7 I find it hard to see what's going on, and I don't like the white vignette (although that is just personal preference).
The rest are pretty damn good though! Oh some could probably do with a little brightening, but on the whole I like 'em!
The only ones that don't quite work for me are number 4 and 7. In 4 the baby's skin is too similar to Dad's skin which looks a bit weird. The BW conversion in that one isn't quite right either it just somehow looks too grey. In 7 I find it hard to see what's going on, and I don't like the white vignette (although that is just personal preference).
The rest are pretty damn good though! Oh some could probably do with a little brightening, but on the whole I like 'em!
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 18/11/2010 - 15:51
Link
Thank you all for taking the time to share your thoughts. In this shoot, the parents....especially the Mom, had lots of fun ideas. As for me, I was willing to try different poses, and ideas too. It all gives itself to a great learning experience.
After I was done the whole photo shoot, I made them a music slide show. I must say that poses like the one of the father holding the baby over his head, had a fantastic emotional effect when put to music. Poses like that on its own do seem unsettled.....what is the message or story of the photo?
I did have a favorite when I was done. This one picture, has become part of my portfolio, for whatever reason, whenever I see it.... I chuckle!

Regards, Judithann
After I was done the whole photo shoot, I made them a music slide show. I must say that poses like the one of the father holding the baby over his head, had a fantastic emotional effect when put to music. Poses like that on its own do seem unsettled.....what is the message or story of the photo?
I did have a favorite when I was done. This one picture, has become part of my portfolio, for whatever reason, whenever I see it.... I chuckle!

Regards, Judithann
Posted 18/11/2010 - 16:31
Link
This last one - the baby with his tasseled cap - there is something really comical about it It's almost ridiculous - the cap is longer than he is .
I love it
I love it
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 18/11/2010 - 17:18
Link
Fantastic set, Judith. I particularly like the first one. It's so special and captures a transitory moment in his life.
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 19/11/2010 - 02:04
Link
Again....Thank you one and all for your comments.
Regards;
Judithann
Regards;
Judithann
Posted 19/11/2010 - 06:10
Link
Love them Judith, excellent captures and a splendid record for the future.
My first grandchild is 1 week old today so I know the pleasure you will have had with these results.
Paul
My first grandchild is 1 week old today so I know the pleasure you will have had with these results.
Paul
K5's (2)both gripped, K10d gripped, Pentax 28-90 f3.5, Sigma 18-250mm, Sigma 150-500mm. Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro, Sigma 10-20 f.4-5.6.EX DC, Hoya 135 f2.8, Take on 28mm f2.8 Pentax AF360 flash, 2 fill in slaves. 30 metre remote release, Rt angle viewfinder, Giotto NOT 3261B Tripod with Manfrotto 808Rd4 ball head, Manfroto 4861RC2 monopoly, shoulder stock, various filters etc, Panasonic SET HBS HD Video cam, Tamrac Explorer 8x backpack and a sore back.....
-------------------------------------------------------
Photography is an index for measuring futility and pride.......
Paul
:wink
http://s743.photobucket.com/home/pg20_photos/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pg20
-------------------------------------------------------
Photography is an index for measuring futility and pride.......
Paul
:wink
http://s743.photobucket.com/home/pg20_photos/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pg20
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


736 posts
17 years
Canada;Alberta
2. The Circle of Life
3. Brothers
4. My Little Man
5. Protected
6. Love Craddle
7. Holding onto my Big Brother