Newbie, Nikon convert.
Posted 21/02/2011 - 22:24
Link
Hi John,
go out and enjoy your KX. You'll (like myself) soon realise what a gem it is and won't need us to tell you! Look forward to seeing your results, have fun
Bill
go out and enjoy your KX. You'll (like myself) soon realise what a gem it is and won't need us to tell you! Look forward to seeing your results, have fun
Bill
Posted 22/02/2011 - 08:22
Link
Hi John
Welcome to our friendly site site and yes you have a great camera and lens combo (the 55-300 being particularly good)
Welcome to our friendly site site and yes you have a great camera and lens combo (the 55-300 being particularly good)
regards
Roy
Pentax K3 gripped,and some lenses
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentaxroy/
my pbase gallery
Roy
Pentax K3 gripped,and some lenses
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentaxroy/
my pbase gallery
Posted 22/02/2011 - 08:28
Link
G'day and welcome, very good choice of camera.
Posted 22/02/2011 - 09:56
Link
Welcome to the forum and enjoy the camera. Let us know how you get on with the 55-300, it's supposed to be very good for the money - especially so in your case!
Vic.
Vic.
K5, LightRoom 5
Sigma 8-16 Pentax DA 16-45 Pentax DA 55-300 Pentax 18-55WR Tamron 90 Di Macro Metz 44 AF-1
Sigma 8-16 Pentax DA 16-45 Pentax DA 55-300 Pentax 18-55WR Tamron 90 Di Macro Metz 44 AF-1
Posted 22/02/2011 - 11:22
Link
Hi John, welcome to the forum. I am sure you will have a great association with Pentax. Good Luck....regards Jeeess
K-5, K-7 and K10D, Pentax 18-135 WR,18-55 WR,Pentax 28-105,Sigma 28-300, Sigma 28-80 (Macro) and Pentax 50-200 WR.
Posted 22/02/2011 - 19:18
Link
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Regards, Tom
K-1ii,K-3iii's.
SMC PENTAX-F 1:2.8 28mm, HD Pentax-D FA* 1:1.4 50mm SDM AW,
SMC PENTAX-D FA MACRO 1:2.8 100mm WR,
SMC PENTAX-DA* 1:4 300mm ED [IF] SDM,
SMC PENTAX-FA* 1:4 600mm IF & ED,
HD PENTAX -DA 1.4x AW AF REAR CONVERTER,
Pentax Photo Gallery
K-1ii,K-3iii's.
SMC PENTAX-F 1:2.8 28mm, HD Pentax-D FA* 1:1.4 50mm SDM AW,
SMC PENTAX-D FA MACRO 1:2.8 100mm WR,
SMC PENTAX-DA* 1:4 300mm ED [IF] SDM,
SMC PENTAX-FA* 1:4 600mm IF & ED,
HD PENTAX -DA 1.4x AW AF REAR CONVERTER,
Pentax Photo Gallery
Posted 22/02/2011 - 19:22
Link
Thank you all for such a lovely welcome, i am sure that i am going to enjoy the site, look forward tp posting some pics as soon as i have mastered my K-X..... now where do i put my film in this...........
Posted 22/02/2011 - 20:03
Link
Hi John, and welcome!
You've got yourself a reall bargain there. I bought my first SLR a month ago and it's a K-x. I'm still getting used to it, but with my 18-55 kit lens and borrowed 135mm and nift fifty, I'm getting along fine. I'm really impressed with the camera, and jealous as hell that you've got the 55-300. Tht's one I'm after when I have some more available dosh.
I think you'll enjoy yourself here.
Cheers,
darkskies
You've got yourself a reall bargain there. I bought my first SLR a month ago and it's a K-x. I'm still getting used to it, but with my 18-55 kit lens and borrowed 135mm and nift fifty, I'm getting along fine. I'm really impressed with the camera, and jealous as hell that you've got the 55-300. Tht's one I'm after when I have some more available dosh.
I think you'll enjoy yourself here.
Cheers,
darkskies
This space deliberately left blank.
Posted 22/02/2011 - 21:49
Link
It doesn't use film! LOL
Welcome to the forums!
Welcome to the forums!
Posted 23/02/2011 - 10:20
Link
Welcome John. I know my one-eyed Nikon friends would scoff when told of your defecture to Pentax. Maybe you could do a test of your new gear and give us your impressions of the Pentax vs. Nikon equipment?
Regards
Regards
Sam-Joseph
Pentax K7, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 APO EX, Sigma 70-300 APO, Sigma 1.4x TC, Vivitar 2x TC. Takumar 135mm f2.5, SMC Pentax A 50mm 1:1.7, SMC Pentax -M 1:4 200mm, Pentax X70
Pentax K7, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 APO EX, Sigma 70-300 APO, Sigma 1.4x TC, Vivitar 2x TC. Takumar 135mm f2.5, SMC Pentax A 50mm 1:1.7, SMC Pentax -M 1:4 200mm, Pentax X70
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


20 posts
15 years
United Kingdom
Well this is my first post as I am new to the forum, I live in York, North Yorkshire, UK. I have always been a Nikon user, but sold my cameras and bought a little compact, I soon started missing my SLR and I was made an offer I thought sopunded good and couldnt refuse, I bought a Pentax K-X brand new, at an auction room, it came with a Pentax 18.55mm Lens. and also a Boxed and sealed Pentax 55-300mm DA Lens, everything was sealed, except the camera where they had tested it for the auction, all the paperwork, software, leads, instruction book ect, was still sealed. I paid £300 for the lot, I have checked the shutter actuations and it states 300, so maybe some of you Pentax users can answer me wo questions, have I bought a decent camera, and did I get it at a good price??? I dont know because as I mentioned I was a Nikon user. BUT I presume it was good time to change sides... Well its always nice to join a new group and make new friends, I like to photograph, Militaria, Aero Displays, and Wildlife.
Regards to All.
John