New toy frustrations

DaveKitson
Posted 07/05/2016 - 12:16 Link
I've had my new toy for over a week now, but have been confined to the house with a leg problem since returning from holiday 3 weeks ago.

I've read the manual several times, photographed every single inch of the lounge and the view from the window.

Yesterday. the weather here was great so I had Mrs K drive me to Cannock Chase, about 7miles away. After a discussion, where she (most unreasonably) declined to act as my Sherpa, I hobbled around for a bit taking picture of the wildlife with the 150-450.

I formed two conclusions:
That the SR must be effective as the shots were hand-held and I was effectively standing on 1 leg.
That 3.5+kg of camera gear is not compatible with a sore leg.

Comment Image

davek
swarf
Posted 07/05/2016 - 12:29 Link
Dave

Given the constraints that you were working under, that's one hell of a result. Hope you're more mobile soon.

Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses

My Flikr Page link
Northgrain
Posted 07/05/2016 - 15:39 Link
The gods of delayed gratification are obviously favouring you . It'll be worth the wait!

Hope the leg clears up for you quickly Dave
Dingo
Posted 07/05/2016 - 15:47 Link
DaveKitson wrote:
After a discussion, where she (most unreasonably) declined to act as my Sherpa, I hobbled around for a bit taking picture of the wildlife with the 150-450.
davek
Sounds like you have something else you should get a new one of!!
Edited by Dingo: 07/05/2016 - 15:47
K10D
Posted 07/05/2016 - 16:02 Link
A very good photograph.

Best regards
Too far from a shore.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo