New Picture for Opinions
Posted 25/03/2007 - 14:12
Link
Hi John,
there's been some badly carried out editing on the left hand side, just above the shoulder, which doesn't help..
I would suggest a couple of things though.. her left armpit.. lift the bodice up a touch next time, so as top avoid the "double chin" effect. The other; the flash shadow again at the top left (perhaps this was what was being edited in my first point) is a little distracting.
All in all though, a very attractive model with nice skin. Have a second light from the left to balance the shadow, and don't edit with a thirty pixel brush..
Cheers
Liam
there's been some badly carried out editing on the left hand side, just above the shoulder, which doesn't help..
I would suggest a couple of things though.. her left armpit.. lift the bodice up a touch next time, so as top avoid the "double chin" effect. The other; the flash shadow again at the top left (perhaps this was what was being edited in my first point) is a little distracting.
All in all though, a very attractive model with nice skin. Have a second light from the left to balance the shadow, and don't edit with a thirty pixel brush..
Cheers
Liam
Liam
"Make your hands respond to what your mind demands." Jesse James
Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'. Ernst Haas
"Make your hands respond to what your mind demands." Jesse James
Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'. Ernst Haas
Posted 25/03/2007 - 15:27
Link
To me her pose looks a little awkward, with her neck twisted a little too far towards her shoulder, and the catchlights in her eyes look a little too large and bright. On the other hand I shouldn't comment too much as my experience of photographing models under studio lights is nada, zip.
Posted 25/03/2007 - 22:47
Link
I can't see a picture
Posted 25/03/2007 - 23:56
Link
John
All I am seeing is a red cross. I have tried refreshing. I will try again tommorrow.
Graham
All I am seeing is a red cross. I have tried refreshing. I will try again tommorrow.
Graham
Posted 26/03/2007 - 06:28
Link
Graham, try the link direct..
http://i.pbase.com/o6/37/685537/1/76096992.KMRMNCmR.029Max1.jpg
Cheers
Liam
http://i.pbase.com/o6/37/685537/1/76096992.KMRMNCmR.029Max1.jpg
Quote:
Thanks, Liam.
Interesting comments.
I hope that meant useful John, as rereading it, it could've come across as too negative, which wasn't my intention. Thanks, Liam.
Interesting comments.
Cheers
Liam
Liam
"Make your hands respond to what your mind demands." Jesse James
Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'. Ernst Haas
"Make your hands respond to what your mind demands." Jesse James
Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'. Ernst Haas
Posted 26/03/2007 - 08:02
Link
Liam, that's fine. If I didn't want honest replies I wouldn't have invited them!
Best regards, John
Posted 26/03/2007 - 12:54
Link
Quote:
John
All I am seeing is a red cross. I have tried refreshing. I will try again tommorrow.
Graham
JohnJohn
All I am seeing is a red cross. I have tried refreshing. I will try again tommorrow.
Graham
I'm maybe telling your grandma how to suck eggs (apologies if I am) but when embedding a pbase image for viewing in a thread you have to edit the url to look like this..........
http://www.pbase.com/image/76096992.jpg to show the original image or like this http://www.pbase.com/image/76096992/medium.jpg to show a smaller one.
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Posted 26/03/2007 - 20:28
Link
John
I can see the picture now.
Graham
I can see the picture now.
Graham
Posted 26/03/2007 - 21:08
Link
There is no image...Is there a problem?
Posted 26/03/2007 - 21:11
Link
I'm definately no expert but these are my thoughts and I may be way way of the mark, this is the first time I've actually tried to do a critical analysis of some one else image, but here goes anyway.
First reaction, nice, I like the style, the colours, the pose and the subject, I've went back and looked at it five or six time times before I came up with some suggestions.
A hair light would have made her dark hair stand out from the dark background or a white/lighter background would have been a better choice, I would clean up the stray hairs.
No eye contact, would have been nicer if the model was looking straight at the camera.
Catchlights too big and bright, the right eye also has a distracting triangular reflection from a softbox or window.
Get rid of the zitt on her nose, smooth her cheeks with a bit of selective blurr and lighten the wrinkles.
Other than that I like it.
First reaction, nice, I like the style, the colours, the pose and the subject, I've went back and looked at it five or six time times before I came up with some suggestions.
A hair light would have made her dark hair stand out from the dark background or a white/lighter background would have been a better choice, I would clean up the stray hairs.
No eye contact, would have been nicer if the model was looking straight at the camera.
Catchlights too big and bright, the right eye also has a distracting triangular reflection from a softbox or window.
Get rid of the zitt on her nose, smooth her cheeks with a bit of selective blurr and lighten the wrinkles.
Other than that I like it.
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Posted 26/03/2007 - 21:14
Link
Quote:
There is no image...Is there a problem?
HI Ben, try the link 3 posts back.
There is no image...Is there a problem?
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



24425 posts
24 years
Tyldesley,
Manchester
From an ADAPS photoshott on Friday night, this is a picture of Maxine. Your opinions and critiques would be appreciated!