New Pentax in May?

golfdiesel
Posted 19/04/2009 - 19:03 Link
it is more angular, it looks more "retro".
The way the strap has to be attached to the body is the same as for the old camera's like the Spotmatic for example.
Camera:K20D|Ist*DS|Spotmatic II|MZ-10
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T
Gwyn
Posted 19/04/2009 - 19:18 Link
It looks a lot smaller that the K20. I do hope so. I may well be tempted by this beauty if it is. I'll swap in my K20d for it if I can, and if the specs are right of course.
Daniel Bridge
Posted 19/04/2009 - 23:14 Link
Can't see a green button...

Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
paullucas
Posted 20/04/2009 - 00:33 Link
If it's smaller than the K20 then I think I'll pass. I love the size and weight especially with the grip.

Paul
pentaxian450
Posted 20/04/2009 - 00:44 Link
There is another picture on "skydrive.live.com", but I can't bring it in. For those inclined to search, the image is:IMG_0153_ps_up.
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
paullucas
Posted 20/04/2009 - 01:05 Link
I'm sure you all know about this Limited Edition K20 link I do like the matching grip, but as there are only 1000 being made, the chances of me getting my mits on it is anorexic!

Paul
Edited by paullucas: 20/04/2009 - 01:06
MattMatic
Posted 20/04/2009 - 08:58 Link
Yves - I've looked at the Google link for those images:
http://www.neutralday.com/rumor-new-pentax-dslr-causing-stir/

Looks like it still has an eye viewfinder - but looking at the squarer shape of the flash unit, I wonder what on earth they done with the pentaprism! Assuming that Pentax haven't gone the EVF route, I wonder if they've come up with some nifty replacement for the pentaprism

Certainly with an EVF you could fit it in those dimensions...

Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
Anvh
Posted 20/04/2009 - 09:44 Link
Maybe this explains it Matt
https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/New-Pentax-camera-11411/p-2#comm108956
Atleast it looks more square then the normall prisma.
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Edited by Anvh: 20/04/2009 - 09:44
MattMatic
Posted 20/04/2009 - 09:51 Link
Stefan, ah yes, it does
You know, I read that Patent and assumed it was for the 645
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo