New Pentax I-10
Posted 29/01/2010 - 22:49
Link
Yes I agree I cant wait to get my hands on one, plus I would like to know when we will see the new teleconverter it seems to be a long time coming.
Regards John/Jumbo
Posted 30/01/2010 - 09:58
Link
I had a play with one the other day, although it was a pre-production sample.
I love the original 110 and this captures the compactness very well. It is slightly bigger than the original, but handles very nicely.
They are due to me at the end of February. It has generated a lot of interest!
Chris
I love the original 110 and this captures the compactness very well. It is slightly bigger than the original, but handles very nicely.
They are due to me at the end of February. It has generated a lot of interest!
Chris
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook
Posted 30/01/2010 - 13:51
Link
Perhaps the digital MX is next after all
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 30/01/2010 - 14:08
Link
I think it looks stunning.
Admittedly it may not have the feature set many on here were after, but I like the fact it's adding character to a pretty bland market sector.
We must also remember that there are far more people who just want a nice looking compact camera, than those who want anything approaching an SLR feature set, and it is this group of people who Pentax are aiming this at.
If its success means more investment by Pentax into its SLR offerings and lenses (in the same way the Boxster and Cayenne have generated the finances for Porsche to keeping developing the 911) then it can only be a good thing.
It's also solved the problem for what to get my partner for her birthday...
Admittedly it may not have the feature set many on here were after, but I like the fact it's adding character to a pretty bland market sector.
We must also remember that there are far more people who just want a nice looking compact camera, than those who want anything approaching an SLR feature set, and it is this group of people who Pentax are aiming this at.
If its success means more investment by Pentax into its SLR offerings and lenses (in the same way the Boxster and Cayenne have generated the finances for Porsche to keeping developing the 911) then it can only be a good thing.
It's also solved the problem for what to get my partner for her birthday...
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.
Apparently.
Apparently.
Posted 30/01/2010 - 14:22
Link
Looks nice but I'm concerned that the flash position might cause a lot of red eye.
.........all the gear, no idea!
Me super, MX, LX, K5,DA 18-55WR, DA 17-70, DA 55-300, DA40 Ltd, FA50 1.4, Samsung D-Xenon 12-24,Samsung 100mm macro M50 1.7(x3), M28 3.5, M35 2.8, M100macro f4, M135 3.5(+others)
Me super, MX, LX, K5,DA 18-55WR, DA 17-70, DA 55-300, DA40 Ltd, FA50 1.4, Samsung D-Xenon 12-24,Samsung 100mm macro M50 1.7(x3), M28 3.5, M35 2.8, M100macro f4, M135 3.5(+others)
Posted 30/01/2010 - 15:42
Link
It looks good, but will it actually be any good??
I just wish Pentax would put a half decent sensor in their compacts i.e. one that is useable at iso 400 and above.
I guess my Fuji F30 has spoilt me a bit in that respect.
I just wish Pentax would put a half decent sensor in their compacts i.e. one that is useable at iso 400 and above.
I guess my Fuji F30 has spoilt me a bit in that respect.
Posted 30/01/2010 - 15:59
Link
has it got p-ttl dedication with Pentax flash units? huh? does it? well? I'm waiting......
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 02/02/2010 - 19:19
Link
A pity the I-10 doesn't use it's 110 heritage and look more like this the rumoured new camera from Olympus:
http://43rumors.com/e-pl1-leaked/
http://43rumors.com/e-pl1-leaked/
Posted 02/02/2010 - 21:01
Link
I just want a white one....it really doesn't matter what it does! It looks magnificent!
Best regards, John
Posted 02/02/2010 - 21:03
Link
johnriley wrote:
I just want a white one....it really doesn't matter what it does! It looks magnificent!
It does look magnificent I agree, and I am tempted. But it could have been so much more.I just want a white one....it really doesn't matter what it does! It looks magnificent!
Designed by Pentax, built by Sanyo
Posted 02/02/2010 - 22:41
Link
johnriley wrote:
I just want a white one....it really doesn't matter what it does! It looks magnificent!
What he said.
I just want a white one....it really doesn't matter what it does! It looks magnificent!
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.
Apparently.
Apparently.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6 posts
21 years
Durham
I feel that this will sell very well particularly at its price point.
Well done Pentax.