New Olympus
Posted 16/06/2009 - 11:13
Link
Yes, I like it and I would have bought the K10D that Pentax showed looking like a Spotmatic if they had actually produced it but, then again, nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 16/06/2009 - 11:17
Link
Lots of old cameras are exciting bits of engineering, some are beautiful indeed.
The Pen series of half frame cameras have a following of their own and a Society for users to join. A friend of mine has several if not all of the range and they are nice.
The trouble was that the SLRs were not particularly smaller than a Pentax MX, so why suffer the quality drop of having a negative half the size?
Also, 72 shots to a roll of film was too many for most people and shooting transparencies (once very popular) meant extra charges for mounting.
Just think instead of a roll of film that contained Christmas, Easter, Holiday and Christmas again the casual shooter could have a roll that covered two years! Oh how times have changed....
The Pen series of half frame cameras have a following of their own and a Society for users to join. A friend of mine has several if not all of the range and they are nice.
The trouble was that the SLRs were not particularly smaller than a Pentax MX, so why suffer the quality drop of having a negative half the size?
Also, 72 shots to a roll of film was too many for most people and shooting transparencies (once very popular) meant extra charges for mounting.
Just think instead of a roll of film that contained Christmas, Easter, Holiday and Christmas again the casual shooter could have a roll that covered two years! Oh how times have changed....
Best regards, John
Posted 16/06/2009 - 11:21
Link
Maybe not, John, there may be casual shooters out there who have ten different Santas on one memory card!
EDIT: stands back an waits for pedants to comment on ten years of digital photography!
EDIT: stands back an waits for pedants to comment on ten years of digital photography!
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 16/06/2009 - 13:23
Link
oops didn't saw this one
mode a small report in the general section with specs and prices
mode a small report in the general section with specs and prices
Posted 16/06/2009 - 14:47
Link
greynolds999 wrote:
Anybody else think the new Pen is cool, sexy and very enticing? Reminds me of the Trip, Pen and even the old 110 SLRs.
I'm sure Greytop will be escpecially interested to see what his ex has been up to!
Yes, yes, yes! I envisage one joining me alongside the K-7 as my walkabout camera. Silver with the pancake please! Anybody else think the new Pen is cool, sexy and very enticing? Reminds me of the Trip, Pen and even the old 110 SLRs.
I'm sure Greytop will be escpecially interested to see what his ex has been up to!
Of course I'll wait until I see Samsung's rival first, but in the meantime I'm fondling an Olympus Trip and grinning...
Joining the Q
Posted 17/06/2009 - 21:51
Link
I would very much like to see the Samsung system first: an APS-C sensor and possibility of using a 40/2.8 pancake lens or even a 35/2 as "normal" lenses is quite enticing.
Posted 18/06/2009 - 16:55
Link
greynolds999 wrote:
Anybody else think the new Pen is cool, sexy and very enticing? Reminds me of the Trip, Pen and even the old 110 SLRs.
I'm sure Greytop will be escpecially interested to see what his ex has been up to!
Yep you're right, it looks very interesting, missed the launch as I've been out of the country for a few days. Anybody else think the new Pen is cool, sexy and very enticing? Reminds me of the Trip, Pen and even the old 110 SLRs.
I'm sure Greytop will be escpecially interested to see what his ex has been up to!
I agree with hefty, silver but I think I would go for the matching 14-42.....now given I've reserved a K-7 what excuse can I drum up for a Pen
Posted 18/06/2009 - 19:18
Link
There you are! Thought you'd sold up and bought a Nikon!
Posted 25/06/2009 - 16:07
Link
smc wrote:
I would very much like to see the Samsung system first: an APS-C sensor and possibility of using a 40/2.8 pancake lens or even a 35/2 as "normal" lenses is quite enticing.
I suspect few of us would part with cash for a second body, even a small lightweight one.I would very much like to see the Samsung system first: an APS-C sensor and possibility of using a 40/2.8 pancake lens or even a 35/2 as "normal" lenses is quite enticing.
What about a super-sexy, rangefinder style Pentax with a BLACK AND WHITE SENSOR? Now, that I'd buy!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



3642 posts
17 years
Falkirk
I'm sure Greytop will be escpecially interested to see what his ex has been up to!