C&C welcome.
Don.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 28/06/2020 - 09:30
Love the limited colour range and excellent lighting - nicely done
LennyBloke

Aitch53

Link Posted 28/06/2020 - 09:47
I like the subject and the treatment, but (being me ) would have gone for a more tighter crop.
SteveH!

Some people call me 'strange'.
I prefer 'unconventional'.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'.
Last Edited by Aitch53 on 28/06/2020 - 09:48

Helpful

bforbes

Link Posted 28/06/2020 - 09:54
Thanks Don and John. Steve I did try a tighter crop but thought it lost some context, not having the relationship with the older leaves.
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

Aitch53

Link Posted 28/06/2020 - 10:11
bforbes wrote:
Thanks Don and John. Steve I did try a tighter crop but thought it lost some context, not having the relationship with the older leaves.

I get what you mean, but I (and I must stress it's probably just me) feel a tighter upright crop would have more impact, without losing all the context. I can show you if you like, if you don't mind me mucking about (technical post-processing term ) with your image. But it's your image and if you are happy with it, who am I to say nay?
SteveH!

Last Edited by Aitch53 on 28/06/2020 - 10:12

bforbes

Link Posted 28/06/2020 - 10:12
Aitch53 wrote:
bforbes wrote:

I get what you mean, but I (and I must stress it's probably just me) feel a tighter upright crop would have more impact. I can show you if you like, if you don't mind me mucking about (technical post-processing term ) with your image. But it's your image and if you are happy with it, who am I to say nay?

On you go
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

Aitch53

Link Posted 28/06/2020 - 10:16
bforbes wrote:
Aitch53 wrote:
Quote:

I get what you mean, but I (and I must stress it's probably just me) feel a tighter upright crop would have more impact. I can show you if you like, if you don't mind me mucking about (technical post-processing term ) with your image. But it's your image and if you are happy with it, who am I to say nay?

On you go

I take it that mean you want to see my effort? OK...

I've also cloned out a bit of leaf from the top right which was a bit of a distraction.
SteveH!

Helpful

bforbes

Link Posted 28/06/2020 - 10:31
I think that works. I'd tried a square crop, which I don't think did.
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

Aitch53

Link Posted 28/06/2020 - 10:36
bforbes wrote:
I think that works. I'd tried a square crop, which I don't think did.

Thanks.

It's based on something I read in an interview with an American pro years ago. He ran photo-walks (or whatever they call them these days) and he always advised his students(?) that when they took a picture in one format (portrait/landscape) they should also see what the effect of the other format was, whether it revealed something they may have missed with the 'obvious' approach, to consider both possibilities.

It has proved useful with some of my own pics - when I remember to follow that advice...
SteveH!

Last Edited by Aitch53 on 28/06/2020 - 10:36

Helpful
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.