Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

New K7 Convert

Achilles
Posted 10/11/2009 - 14:40 Link
Hi there.

My husband has been lurking for a little while on this forum and after looking at a link he sent me today I decided to join.

My first SLR was an iST but my husband is much more the technical one and I'm the "Creative Director" with 'take a piccy of that' being a very common comment!

We bought the DL2 just over 3 years ago as a wedding present to ourselves but after joining a local camera club a couple of months back decided 4 days ago to buy the fab K-7 (from the lovely chaps at SRS). Hubby couldn't come to the club last night so I got to show off the new camera all on my own and actually I learnt a lot so maybe he will just have to use the DL2 when they next have a practical evening!

Anyway, looking forward to reading lots of good stuff.
E.

We can go there if it has shopping!
Edited by Achilles: 10/11/2009 - 14:43
Greytop
Posted 10/11/2009 - 14:46 Link
Welcome to the forum Emma and congratulations on the K-7
Regards Huw

flickr
fatspider
Posted 10/11/2009 - 14:46 Link
Welcome to the forum Emma,

Quote:
he will just have to use the DL2 when they next have a practical evening

You better get saving up for another K7 before you end up in the divorce courts, and when you have practical nights at the camera club make sure they have a referee standing by
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
aminstar
Posted 10/11/2009 - 15:23 Link
Welcome to the forum Emma. Its a nice place to be here , people are quite friendly and very helpful.

Let me throw a wild guess, local camera club, local to SRS yesterday.. hmmmm did you by any chance have yesterday "Print Competition No 2. Judged by Terry Coffey" day?

Its just a wild guess
K10D
Posted 10/11/2009 - 15:38 Link
Welcome to another K7 owner...

Regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....
Achilles
Posted 10/11/2009 - 15:54 Link
Thanks for the welcome all!

Ah Aminstar, nice try but no.

We were in Winchester at London Camera Exchange as a Pentax Pro branch (they aren't any more now btw ) but they had no K-7 or K-X in stock and we weren't making a momentous decision like this until we had poked and prodded the various options! We knew LCE were expensive (but close to home) and had some internet offers with us to barter with, inc the SRS one, so on the way back I said, lets go to Watford! Afterall it is shopping related and I'm always up for that

I threw you because the once a month Monday is their extra tutorial sessions (that are proving invaluable for a beginner like me) and the main club is on a Friday night!
E.

aminstar
Posted 10/11/2009 - 16:10 Link
Achilles wrote:
Thanks for the welcome all!

Ah Aminstar, nice try but no.

I threw you because the once a month Monday is their extra tutorial sessions (that are proving invaluable for a beginner like me) and the main club is on a Friday night!

Oh I see , got that one wrong.
Its just that there is a local camera club five minutes from where I live and once in a while I run into some of the members around and they keep on telling me to drop by. They meet every monday and yesterday they had that program as I mentioned. And I did try to finally gather courage and drove there, somewhat about half an hour late. Got there parked my car and looked around still jittery and split minded still whether to proceed or not , and not finding the main access door of the meeting hall, being a freezing night and also looking at the sheer number of cars parked there I could just imagine the huge group gathered indoors,
that made my legs wobble and got back into my car and drove off .

That coincidence of being monday meetings for a moment raised my hopes and thought well, if I already know someone from the forum then I will gather courage and try again next week .

But well, it wasn't to be ha

As for shopping, they do meet in a methodist church so not sure what we could dig out from there to quench our thirst for shopping , I like it too,
KevinWood
Posted 10/11/2009 - 16:10 Link
What have I done?

Guess I'd better dust off my SFXn.

Hello all.

Kevin
K7, *istDL2, SFXn, P50
DA 18-55 WR, DA 50-200, D-FA 100/2.8 Macro, F 50/1.7, DA 35/2.4AL A 28/2.8 ...
Greytop
Posted 10/11/2009 - 16:15 Link
KevinWood wrote:
What have I done?

Guess I'd better dust off my SFXn.

Hello all.

Kevin

I'm guessing that Emma is your other half (or visa-versa :wink. Well welcome to the forum and again congratulations on the K-7, have you had a chance to play with it yet
Regards Huw

flickr
KevinWood
Posted 10/11/2009 - 16:32 Link
Quote:
I'm guessing that Emma is your other half

Indeed she is.

Quote:
congratulations on the K-7, have you had a chance to play with it yet

I've had a little play and I'm very impressed so far. Unfortunately the weather hasn't been great since - but it is supposed to be weather resistant after all, so I suppose that's no excuse.

Kevin
K7, *istDL2, SFXn, P50
fatspider
Posted 10/11/2009 - 17:28 Link
And welcome to the forum to you too Kevin.

Quote:
but it is supposed to be weather resistant after all, so I suppose that's no excuse.

Ah, now I see how you can avoid domestics over sharing the K7, Emma gets it when the weather is nice and you get it when its raining
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
darlene
Posted 10/11/2009 - 18:13 Link
Hi and welcome to forum
KevinWood
Posted 10/11/2009 - 21:24 Link
Well, I got hold of the K7 tonight... and the D-FA 100mm f2.8 macro lens arrived. Another new toy

So, I'm prowling round the house looking for things to photograph, and what did I find in my salad?

Comment Image

Kevin
K7, *istDL2, SFXn, P50
Achilles
Posted 17/11/2009 - 17:13 Link
Hey, stop hijacking my first thread! I'll be speaking to you later Mr Wood!

He's right though the camera has been awesome so far - Kevin printed a few things last night and the definition in them was stunning! Such a huge leap from the DL2 and I'm glad we bought it.

And Aminstar - get your buns inside that club next session - should be good fun
E.

goggalee
Posted 18/11/2009 - 03:45 Link
Hi and welcome to both of you!!
Pentax K10D, *istDS
Pentax 18-55mm,50-200mm,Macro 100mm
Takumar-A 28-80mm, Sigma 170-500mm, Soligor Teleconverter x2

Finally!! Sigma 10-20mm

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

https://pentaxphotogallery.com/maliskaoosthuizen

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.