New k3 1.21 firmware

percy

vic cross

Link Posted 28/05/2015 - 07:34
"DONE" CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

truckerathome

Link Posted 28/05/2015 - 11:12
Just done mine but now am unable to use dust alert .... runs then at completion states " the operation could not be completed correctly".

I have tried with various lenses attached but still get the same outcome. Not sure if it is a firmware glitch or my camera. Awaiting an answer from Vic to see if he has the same problem or not.

Everything else appears to be OK

Martin
Last Edited by the Moderator Team on 28/05/2015 - 12:04

whatsthisbuttondo

Link Posted 28/05/2015 - 11:24
I dont have same problem update seems fine

whatsthisbuttondo

Link Posted 28/05/2015 - 11:31
Scratch that one camera ok one not completing going to try pentax lens on one that didnt complete

whatsthisbuttondo

Link Posted 28/05/2015 - 11:33
looks like iam typing to myself someone put post in about dust alert not working after update now its gone

truckerathome

Link Posted 28/05/2015 - 11:33
whatsthisbuttondo wrote:

whatsthisbuttondo wrote:

I have just deleted the comment as I moved the mode switch from AV to P and tried again and all seems fine now. Have gone back to AV and tried again and it works OK, as it it does in all modes.

Martin

whatsthisbuttondo

Link Posted 28/05/2015 - 11:40
Still have one camera where its not working but only tried with tamron will try pentax lens now

whatsthisbuttondo

Link Posted 28/05/2015 - 11:46
No that doesn't work neither does changing to different mode could it be another flaw

johnriley

Link Posted 28/05/2015 - 12:04
I've put the comment back as without it none of this thread makes any sense.

whatsthisbuttondo

Link Posted 28/05/2015 - 12:13
Works in manual ?

whatsthisbuttondo

Link Posted 28/05/2015 - 12:16
And now its working in other modes as well

truckerathome

Link Posted 28/05/2015 - 12:22
Apologies for the delete but just thought it was my camera when it suddenly starting working right after the mode change and didn't want to worry anyone ... now I obviously realise it wasn't.

I did run a manual dust removal a couple of times after the mode change and also switched it off a couple of times as well .. not sure if that made any difference. Perhaps a complete battery removal and replace might do the trick ... worth try at least.

miles500

Link Posted 28/05/2015 - 12:56
Carried out update as prescribed and then camera behaved abnormally. When I turned it on, it showed the orange light which usually lights up briefly when you insert a card. It stayed on for about 7 or 8 seconds. Then the camera appeared to be dead as there was nothing on the top screen. I switched off and on and got memory card error message. Finally I removed the battery and after this was re-inserted the camera behaved normally. Never had any problem with previous updates - but all seems OK now and I have checked that the new firmware is operative.
Miles

mille19

Link Posted 28/05/2015 - 17:46
I had the 'Dust Alert' problem after upgrading but after turning the camera off and on and changing a few settings all seems OK now.
Strange !!!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.