Neither here nor there...

Sry
Posted 06/12/2018 - 15:12 Link
...actually, on a short train trip heading east out of Paris to see relatives. I've been wanting to take this series of images for a while, but never made the trip at the right time, in the right weather, with hardly any other passengers to bother with my photography. Glad I finally managed, as it is a trip I will likely no longer be taking, our relatives having moved out from the destination village. These could have been taken from just about any train ride out of a city and into the countryside I suppose, but they mean a bit more to me...

1
Comment Image


2
Comment Image


3
Comment Image


4
Comment Image


5
Comment Image


6
Comment Image


7
Comment Image
Edited by Sry: 06/12/2018 - 15:13
pschlute
Posted 06/12/2018 - 21:21 Link
Number 6 is interesting.
Posted 07/12/2018 - 16:17 Link
Really like this series Serge... the idea itself is rather whimsical (in a very good way), and you chose the perfect day to execute it... the mist and b&w treatment add to a series that’s dripping in nostalgia... as stand alones 4, 5 and 6 really interest me (4 especially), but the journey, from town to country, is very clearly captured across the whole series... timeless, and very evocative...

Best
pschlute
Posted 07/12/2018 - 20:18 Link
And number 5 is typical of many French roads with the trees hugging the side of the tarmac
Sry
Posted 07/12/2018 - 21:56 Link
Thank you both, I appreciate your thoughts.

Bill, you hit it on the head, the intention was nostalgia (and silence, and perhaps a slight bleakness). The first and last images I wasn't quite sure about, but it suddenly dawned on me that, if included, the whole thing would indeed work as a town to country travelogue of sorts.

Peter, 6 on its own works for me too (well, they all do ) I think for its 'classicism' composition-wise. And yes, 5 is absolutely typical.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo