Neither here nor there...

Sry

Link Posted 06/12/2018 - 15:12
...actually, on a short train trip heading east out of Paris to see relatives. I've been wanting to take this series of images for a while, but never made the trip at the right time, in the right weather, with hardly any other passengers to bother with my photography. Glad I finally managed, as it is a trip I will likely no longer be taking, our relatives having moved out from the destination village. These could have been taken from just about any train ride out of a city and into the countryside I suppose, but they mean a bit more to me...

Last Edited by Sry on 06/12/2018 - 15:13

pschlute

Link Posted 06/12/2018 - 21:21
Number 6 is interesting.
Peter

My Flickr page

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 07/12/2018 - 16:17
Really like this series Serge... the idea itself is rather whimsical (in a very good way), and you chose the perfect day to execute it... the mist and b&w treatment add to a series thatís dripping in nostalgia... as stand alones 4, 5 and 6 really interest me (4 especially), but the journey, from town to country, is very clearly captured across the whole series... timeless, and very evocative...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Facebook

pschlute

Link Posted 07/12/2018 - 20:18
And number 5 is typical of many French roads with the trees hugging the side of the tarmac
Peter

My Flickr page

Sry

Link Posted 07/12/2018 - 21:56
Thank you both, I appreciate your thoughts.

Bill, you hit it on the head, the intention was nostalgia (and silence, and perhaps a slight bleakness). The first and last images I wasn't quite sure about, but it suddenly dawned on me that, if included, the whole thing would indeed work as a town to country travelogue of sorts.

Peter, 6 on its own works for me too (well, they all do ) I think for its 'classicism' composition-wise. And yes, 5 is absolutely typical.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.