Need Some Help On Lens Compatibility
Posted 21/05/2007 - 15:38
Link
The best advice is not to buy cheap, third-rate lenses, especially if they will need an adapter. That means they won't work properly, and will have to be used in manual mode.
Look on Ebay for second-hand Pentax lenses. The SMC Pentax-F 70-210 1:4 - 5.6 is a superb lens, and can usually be bought for £50.00 or less.
Sadly this one has been sold, but another will be along soon:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pentax-zoom-70-210mm-1-4-5-6-smc-pentax-f-filtre_W0QQitemZ...
G
Look on Ebay for second-hand Pentax lenses. The SMC Pentax-F 70-210 1:4 - 5.6 is a superb lens, and can usually be bought for £50.00 or less.
Sadly this one has been sold, but another will be along soon:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pentax-zoom-70-210mm-1-4-5-6-smc-pentax-f-filtre_W0QQitemZ...
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 21/05/2007 - 15:40
Link
Quote:
I have just purchased a Pentax K110d and have been offered a Tefnon 70-162mm zoom lens which apparently has a KA Mount. Presently it won't fit and I wondered if there is an adaptor about that can be used? I'm new to photography so please excuse my ignorance. Any help would be appreciated
Incidentally, if it had a Pentax KA mount, it WOULD fit, so clearly it doesn't, or does. (Have a KA mount/fit.)I have just purchased a Pentax K110d and have been offered a Tefnon 70-162mm zoom lens which apparently has a KA Mount. Presently it won't fit and I wondered if there is an adaptor about that can be used? I'm new to photography so please excuse my ignorance. Any help would be appreciated
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 21/05/2007 - 15:52
Link
Thanks for the advice George, I was offered the lens free and just wondered if I would be able to use it with an adaptor. I suppose I should try to sell it on ebay!
Posted 21/05/2007 - 17:04
Link
Quote:
Thanks for the advice George, I was offered the lens free and just wondered if I would be able to use it with an adaptor. I suppose I should try to sell it on ebay!
Well, I think the owner knows the value of his lens. Thanks for the advice George, I was offered the lens free and just wondered if I would be able to use it with an adaptor. I suppose I should try to sell it on ebay!
I doubt if you could sell it. You don't know what camera it fits, and few people have ever heard of Tefnon.
What I do with no-name lenses is take them apart. At the very least you'll end up with some nice magnifying glasses.
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2 posts
19 years