NEED HELP WITH 2x Tele Convertor
Posted 14/01/2010 - 17:44
Link
What lenses are you trying to mount to it? Just wondering if the rear elements of those lenses are fouling on the front element of the TC. :
Dan
Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Posted 14/01/2010 - 17:46
Link
I have never owned one of these but I believe with some lenses (wide angle) the rear element will come into contact with the top element of the TC. Which lenses have you tried on it:
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 14/01/2010 - 17:46
Link
I have to learn to type faster
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 14/01/2010 - 17:48
Link
I think there is a list on the Sigma website showing compatible lenes.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 14/01/2010 - 17:49
Link
I've tried 50-200mm Pentax F4-5.6 DAL ED
Pentax-M 80-200mm
Sigma 70-300mm Pentax fitting.
They just dont go far enough in. On the first picture the lens thing in the middle is just in the way.
It says Pentax AF so it must fit one of these atleast.
Pentax-M 80-200mm
Sigma 70-300mm Pentax fitting.
They just dont go far enough in. On the first picture the lens thing in the middle is just in the way.
It says Pentax AF so it must fit one of these atleast.
Posted 14/01/2010 - 17:56
Link
I'm sure it will only work with certain lenses. The Pentax AF refers to the camera mount I would think.
Check out this link
Check out this link
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 14/01/2010 - 17:58
Link
Posted 14/01/2010 - 18:00
Link
It's certainly different to my Sigma TC - that black ring that protrudes ahead of the front element on the first pic is very different to mine and does seem to be what is causing you problems.
Was this brand new? Just wondering in case it is something you can pull out - extra support whilst it's being shipped/stored maybe???
Was this brand new? Just wondering in case it is something you can pull out - extra support whilst it's being shipped/stored maybe???
Posted 14/01/2010 - 18:03
Link
It is new. Annoying thing is this is a Christmas present. They screwed up the first order and sent me a 1.4x only just got the 2x today and now this happens
Posted 14/01/2010 - 18:04
Link
mikeglover wrote:
What gets me is, why advertise it as a 2x convertor for Pentax AF lens when it doesn't even fit any!
What they are doing is saying that it will fit Pentax AF cameras, with the specified Sigma lenses.
What gets me is, why advertise it as a 2x convertor for Pentax AF lens when it doesn't even fit any!
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 14/01/2010 - 18:04
Link
It fits all the Sigma lenses listed here. And probably a fair few others, by all sorts of makes, just not the ones you're trying, unfortunately. It would probably work a treat with a DA*300mm.
This is a 2x converter, made by Pentax, for Pentax lenses, but I'm sure you'd have even more trouble getting your lenses on it!

Dan
This is a 2x converter, made by Pentax, for Pentax lenses, but I'm sure you'd have even more trouble getting your lenses on it!

Snootchies wrote:
It's certainly different to my Sigma TC - that black ring that protrudes ahead of the front element on the first pic is very different to mine and does seem to be what is causing you problems.
Was this brand new? Just wondering in case it is something you can pull out - extra support whilst it's being shipped/stored maybe???
Well, it might screw in, does it turn at all? It could be that it's been unscrewed a bit at some point. :It's certainly different to my Sigma TC - that black ring that protrudes ahead of the front element on the first pic is very different to mine and does seem to be what is causing you problems.
Was this brand new? Just wondering in case it is something you can pull out - extra support whilst it's being shipped/stored maybe???
Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Posted 14/01/2010 - 18:05
Link
I think it will go on if you zoom the lens out to its long end, but I wouldn't recommend doing that, it may damage the rear element of your lens.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 14/01/2010 - 18:10
Link
It will fit very few lenses and virtually no Pentax.
I have the 1.4x and 2x and they fit my 70-200mm f2.8, 70mm macro, 100-300mm f4 and Bigma but they all have a recessed rear element.
They also fit my Pentax F* 300mm f4.5 and A* 300mm f2.8
Nothing else that I have though.
They wont fit any of your lenses as their rear element will get in the way.
I have the 1.4x and 2x and they fit my 70-200mm f2.8, 70mm macro, 100-300mm f4 and Bigma but they all have a recessed rear element.
They also fit my Pentax F* 300mm f4.5 and A* 300mm f2.8
Nothing else that I have though.
They wont fit any of your lenses as their rear element will get in the way.
Posted 14/01/2010 - 18:15
Link
Ok, so my ideally was utterly pointless!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6 posts
16 years
England
I have just received a SIGMA APO TELE CONVERTER 2x DG EX PENTAX AF.
I have been able to attach the 2x to my camera, but it is impossible to connect any pentax lens to it.
I've attached pictures of it.
Am I going mad or is there something wrong with this?
Pentax K20D: 18-55mm, 50-200mm
Flickr Page