Need an advice
Posted 01/09/2012 - 22:35
Link
I am sure that there are several of us who would be glad to advise you - if you will tell us which car to buy next
Geoff
Geoff
Water can wear away a stone - but it can't cook lunch
X-5
istDS
K2000
P50.
Lenses Digital: 50-200, 18-55 KAF: 28-80.
Lenses KA & K: SMC-KA f2.0, SMC-K f1.4, SMC-K f1.7 Tokina KA 28-70 , SMC Pentax 70-210 F4, Sigma KA 75-300 , Hanimex 500mm Mirror, and the Tamron Adaptall-2 stuff.
and then there's all the M42 kit, and the accessories ...
X-5
istDS
K2000
P50.
Lenses Digital: 50-200, 18-55 KAF: 28-80.
Lenses KA & K: SMC-KA f2.0, SMC-K f1.4, SMC-K f1.7 Tokina KA 28-70 , SMC Pentax 70-210 F4, Sigma KA 75-300 , Hanimex 500mm Mirror, and the Tamron Adaptall-2 stuff.
and then there's all the M42 kit, and the accessories ...
Posted 02/09/2012 - 03:28
Link
It would help if we knew the type of pictures required by your customer. "Formal" is kind of "vague".
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
Posted 02/09/2012 - 09:51
Link
She said she's gonna get back to me with what kind of photos they want. So I'll let you know as soon as I know. I probably could rent lens or two SRS if it would make a difference
Posted 05/09/2012 - 14:09
Link
Formal photos in connection with a sports shop could be:-
Outdoor photos of the front of the shop.
Outdoor photos of the front of the shop with individual sportsmen or teams positioned in front.
Outdoor photos of the front of the shop, with individual or groups of staff, positioned in front.
Inside the shop photos of sportsmen or staff or customers.
For many of these situations, the 16-45 lens that you have is a good staring point. If you require a wider view, to get more in, then invest in a 12-24 or 10-20 lens.
Of course, if the sports shop require action photos of various sports, then you may need a lens in the 150-500 range. The Pentax 55-300 is a good starting point.
Your Pentax K5 has an Auto ISO feature that can be selected. This feature automatically adjusts the ISO sensitivity for different levels of light. Indoors light can be very low and ISO 800, 1600 and 3200 can still give good results. Don't forget that the Pentax K5 is one of the best performing APSC DSLRs in low light; if not the best.
Outdoor photos of the front of the shop.
Outdoor photos of the front of the shop with individual sportsmen or teams positioned in front.
Outdoor photos of the front of the shop, with individual or groups of staff, positioned in front.
Inside the shop photos of sportsmen or staff or customers.
For many of these situations, the 16-45 lens that you have is a good staring point. If you require a wider view, to get more in, then invest in a 12-24 or 10-20 lens.
Of course, if the sports shop require action photos of various sports, then you may need a lens in the 150-500 range. The Pentax 55-300 is a good starting point.
Your Pentax K5 has an Auto ISO feature that can be selected. This feature automatically adjusts the ISO sensitivity for different levels of light. Indoors light can be very low and ISO 800, 1600 and 3200 can still give good results. Don't forget that the Pentax K5 is one of the best performing APSC DSLRs in low light; if not the best.
Friendly Regards
Graham
Graham
Posted 05/09/2012 - 19:49
Link
I can only suggest you get hold of a book on Photograph and learn all about the Aperture and its effects, the shutter and its effects, how to get the Depth of field (DOF)that is right for the image you want, ISO speed and its effect on the image, and one or two hundred other things.
50 years ago I had a book called 'I am a camera' which I found to be a great teacher.
50 years ago I had a book called 'I am a camera' which I found to be a great teacher.
Bill
K5+Bigma+BushHawk Shoulderpod.
K5+16-50DA* + 10-17DA Fisheye + 50-135DA* + Sigma 70mm Macro + DA35 2.4..
Slik Pro 700DX tripod.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pixellie/
K5+Bigma+BushHawk Shoulderpod.
K5+16-50DA* + 10-17DA Fisheye + 50-135DA* + Sigma 70mm Macro + DA35 2.4..
Slik Pro 700DX tripod.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pixellie/
Posted 05/09/2012 - 20:03
Link
Will you still have the camera to take the photos...noticed you're selling all your gear in another thread
Simon
Simon
My website http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
Posted 06/09/2012 - 11:50
Link
What kind of formal photos you are exactly looking for. I think by formal photos she meant the dignity and classic look of the photos. This simply means that you will have to take very simple but nice photos that are attractive but without much brightness or spark.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


32 posts
14 years
I was asked to take some formal photos for a sports shop and was wondering maybe I could get some advice from you guys regarding what settings to use and so on. many thanks in advance
My equipment is:
Pentax K-5
Pentax DA 16-45mm 1:4 ED/AL
SMC Pentax-DA 35mm F2.4 AL
Pentax SMC DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL WR
Pentax SMC DA50-200mmF4-5.6ED WR