Need a new lens
Posted 07/09/2013 - 04:33
Link
If you don't mind manual focus the Samyang 85mm f1.4 is really good lens, and pretty sharp even at f1.4. SRS are selling them new on their site at £275, but on ebay they are selling it at £249. If you mention the ebay price they will match it plus free delivery, which is what I did when I bought one a few months ago.
Posted 07/09/2013 - 08:11
Link
Thanks for all the help and advice.
I'm still not totally at ease in Manual [ yes I know by now I should be ] .
I think I know what I'm going for - just waiting for some more info about it.
I'm still not totally at ease in Manual [ yes I know by now I should be ] .
I think I know what I'm going for - just waiting for some more info about it.
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 07/09/2013 - 09:41
Link
Well - the deed is done
AndrewA's Tamron 28-75 has just found a new home
This is what I love about PUF - great advice and help and solutions that turn out to be helpful to both sides are found with remarkably little hassle .
Thank you AndrewA
AndrewA's Tamron 28-75 has just found a new home
This is what I love about PUF - great advice and help and solutions that turn out to be helpful to both sides are found with remarkably little hassle .
Thank you AndrewA
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 07/09/2013 - 09:57
Link
techno-terminator wrote:
Well - the deed is done
AndrewA's Tamron 28-75 has just found a new home
This is what I love about PUF - great advice and help and solutions that turn out to be helpful to both sides are found with remarkably little hassle .
Thank you AndrewA
Pleasure, I hope you enjoy it, lovely little lens shame I couldn't justify keeping it and my new toy
Well - the deed is done
AndrewA's Tamron 28-75 has just found a new home
This is what I love about PUF - great advice and help and solutions that turn out to be helpful to both sides are found with remarkably little hassle .
Thank you AndrewA
Posted 09/09/2013 - 11:06
Link
Arrived beautifully and frustratingly well packed
It will go on later today
It will go on later today
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


519 posts
15 years
West Country
I have had both and would be very happy with either; the Tamron is significantly smaller and lighter but at the wide end, the Sigma is appreciably wider at 24mm. Both offer excellent image quality and double as nice portrait lenses.