ND grad filter
Posted 17/06/2008 - 22:02
Link
Hello there,
I have a couple of Cokin Nd grads. They are perfect but now very hard to find.
I have 1 A series and one P series. The P series is bigger and more effective with lenses with filter thread bigger than 52mm.
Everybody will suggest you buy a filter holder from Cokin as well. I dont have one, and simply use blue-tac to attach the square ND grad to the front filter / polariser on the lens. This turns out to be as effective, much cheaper, and as reliable. It does need care handling and its not the quickest application!
http://www.cokin.co.uk/pages/cokinP.htm
Hope this helps
Nathan
I have a couple of Cokin Nd grads. They are perfect but now very hard to find.
I have 1 A series and one P series. The P series is bigger and more effective with lenses with filter thread bigger than 52mm.
Everybody will suggest you buy a filter holder from Cokin as well. I dont have one, and simply use blue-tac to attach the square ND grad to the front filter / polariser on the lens. This turns out to be as effective, much cheaper, and as reliable. It does need care handling and its not the quickest application!
http://www.cokin.co.uk/pages/cokinP.htm
Hope this helps
Nathan
Posted 19/06/2008 - 18:50
Link
In the mean time, you could have a go with this photoshop tutorial of a technique to simulate an ND grad.
http://www.thedigitalphotographyconnection.com/pfdp_player.php?ID=58
The presentation style is a bit "dry" and the intro is a bit too jazzy for its own good, but the last 2/3rds are well worth learning.
Duncan
http://www.thedigitalphotographyconnection.com/pfdp_player.php?ID=58
The presentation style is a bit "dry" and the intro is a bit too jazzy for its own good, but the last 2/3rds are well worth learning.
Duncan
Posted 19/06/2008 - 19:48
Link
Cokin, Lee, Singh Ray.
In order of ascending quality
Singh Ray do an awesome vari-ND, allowing you to change the strength of the nd with a twist of the ring, but its $400
Yeah Cokin best for beginning.
In order of ascending quality
Singh Ray do an awesome vari-ND, allowing you to change the strength of the nd with a twist of the ring, but its $400
Yeah Cokin best for beginning.
http://www.behance.net/robbranigan
K20D, DA18-55II, FA50 1.4, DA10-17
To buy: Metz 58 AF-1, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA100M
K20D, DA18-55II, FA50 1.4, DA10-17
To buy: Metz 58 AF-1, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA100M
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1753 posts
18 years
Plymouth,
UK
Can anyone tell me a good make and where to get it cheaply please?
I have polarising filter which will kill a bit of light for now but I need a graduated filter to avoid spending hours in PhotoShop!
Plymouth Photographer