MZ-S AE-L Contradiction ?

Anonymous

Link Posted 02/05/2003 - 18:06
Just purchased the MZ-S (love it!) However, in the manual, it illustrates auto exposure lock by taking a photo of a girl on a big street ...trees, houses etc ...it tells you to "zoom in" on the girl in order to achieve proper exposure on her, hit the AE-L, then it SHOWS another photo clearly zoomed back out to once again include the trees etc .. and then take the shot. The manual is NOT talking about "recomposing" The words and photos clearly illustrate a zoom lens. However...my testing proves that the AE-L will not work if you zoom in and out. You must remain at the same focal length you were at when you locked exposure, in order for it to stay locked. Is the manual misworded leading us to believe the AE-L works during zooming? or is my camera malfunctioning? AE-L works fine when no zooming is involved, and I guess my tendency is to believe the manual is just poorly expressed. Insight?

Anonymous

Link Posted 17/09/2003 - 20:25
AE-L works regardless of zooming in/out or not. Focus, meter, lock, recompose any way you want either by changing the angle of view/picture content/zooming, shoot. Sadly no idea what might be wrong with your camera.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.