Myshuttercount.com

malvern_man

Link Posted 19/02/2011 - 16:13
Hi,

Has anyone used myshuttercount.com as a quick alternative to PhotoMe?

Basically is it safe to use and is it accurate.

Regards, Chris.
My Website

snappychappy

Link Posted 19/02/2011 - 16:22
Does what is says, my K5 shutter count is 675, and the K7s is 1197
My piccies.

snappychappy

Link Posted 19/02/2011 - 16:23
You have to uploasd an unedited file though, so all EXIF data is intact. Did the RAW files from both my cams easily enough.
My piccies.

malvern_man

Link Posted 19/02/2011 - 16:24
Thanks snappychappy,

I'll give it a try then.

Regards, Chris.
My Website

johnriley

Link Posted 19/02/2011 - 16:27
If you set the camera to memorise the file number, the camera counts continuously anyway. I know how many exposures I have made on all my cameras because it's the same as the file number. Any testing exposures the factory has done are not particularly relevant, I would have thought anyway.
Best regards, John

SteveEveritt

Link Posted 19/02/2011 - 16:53
32407 since 6th Jan last year!!!
My Flickr link

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)

snappychappy

Link Posted 19/02/2011 - 16:55
SteveEveritt wrote:
32407 since 6th Jan last year!!!

How do you find the time?
My piccies.

malvern_man

Link Posted 19/02/2011 - 17:03
Hi John,

I've always set my cameras to reset the file number every time I wipe the card.

When I'm taking on average 300 photos per stock car meeting I personally find it easier to work this way.

My Samsung GX10 shutter count according to myshuttercount.com is 17704.

My K7 is 4557 - but I didn't buy this until about 3 quarters of the way into the 2010 racing season.

Regards, Chris.
My Website

Cuchulainn

Link Posted 19/02/2011 - 17:50
johnriley wrote:
If you set the camera to memorise the file number, the camera counts continuously anyway. I know how many exposures I have made on all my cameras because it's the same as the file number. Any testing exposures the factory has done are not particularly relevant, I would have thought anyway.

The problem is if you swap cards with another pentax user, then it will use whaterver is the higher number - I added 4k to the file number by borrowing my dad's camera, using my memory card in that, then putting my card into my own camera later in the day.

Exif info still showed the correct shutter actuations though.

MrCynical

Link Posted 19/02/2011 - 20:13
In what circumstances would uploading a (20Mb or so) RAW file to this website be quicker than opening the RAW file in PhotoMe?

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 19/02/2011 - 20:42
MrCynical wrote:
In what circumstances would uploading a (20Mb or so) RAW file to this website be quicker than opening the RAW file in PhotoMe?

Wouldn't a resized jpeg saved at minimum quality work equally well? All the exif is intact.

Edit: No it doesn't!

You can upload a camera jpeg though.
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]
Last Edited by Pentaxophile on 19/02/2011 - 20:48

Cisco

Link Posted 19/02/2011 - 20:46
malvern_man wrote:

How is it quick ???

K-7 | K10 | DA 18-135 | DA 18-250 | DA 55-300 | DFA 100 |

Mike-P

Link Posted 19/02/2011 - 20:49
johnriley wrote:

If you bracket a shot or do a multiple HDR then it adds the number of shutter actuations to the camere but not to the picture count as you obviously only get one jpeg at the end of it. Same when you do a preview.

If you have done non of these things then your numbers should match ... otherwise they won't.
. My Flickr

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 19/02/2011 - 20:50
Cisco wrote:
malvern_man wrote:

How is it quick ???

Presumably as you don't have to download and install a program before you are able to check your shutter count.

You also don't have another hardly ever used program cluttering up your PC. I have only checked my shutter count once, when selling a camera.
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]
Last Edited by Pentaxophile on 19/02/2011 - 20:52

Cisco

Link Posted 19/02/2011 - 22:55
Pentaxophile wrote:
Cisco wrote:
Quote:

How is it quick ???

Presumably as you don't have to download and install a program before you are able to check your shutter count.

You also don't have another hardly ever used program cluttering up your PC. I have only checked my shutter count once, when selling a camera.

I use the program often, and not just for shutter counts !
so it's well worth the download
K-7 | K10 | DA 18-135 | DA 18-250 | DA 55-300 | DFA 100 |
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.