Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

My New Baby!

This topic has a poll - login to enter
DanielH
Posted 11/02/2013 - 21:13 Link
Bit of a bargain I think, pretty good condition light seals and shutter curtains in good nick. Shutter winding and firing properly AND a working lightmeter! For the princely sum of £15 (body only)............oooh and an original Pentax leather strap....I'm in love now just have to get some film through it

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
cabstar
Posted 11/02/2013 - 21:27 Link
That looks very nice, enjoy using it...
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Sean282
Posted 12/02/2013 - 00:41 Link
This thread has made me enquire about an MX for sale locally
DanielH
Posted 15/02/2013 - 09:37 Link
Well I've managed to get me a Super Tak 55mm 1.8 to go with the above, (having sold my F 35-70 on ebay)......just awaiting its arrival with a roll of film! excited!!
DanielH
Posted 15/02/2013 - 09:39 Link
Sean282 wrote:
This thread has made me enquire about an MX for sale locally

Just wait till you pick it up! I don't like my K30 so much now
Edited by DanielH: 15/02/2013 - 09:39
AuraTodd
Posted 15/02/2013 - 09:44 Link
I thought you meant a real baby, lovely camera through, but myself personally wouldn't go back to film
Edited by AuraTodd: 15/02/2013 - 09:44
wvbarnes
Posted 15/02/2013 - 10:10 Link
Hi, very nice and a bargain. Popular with art students.My son is one and I'm treating him to some cokin A filters and a light meter for his birthday.

Loads of Pentax bodies, filters and lenses on sale link but I think I'll stick to digital.
DanielH
Posted 15/02/2013 - 10:31 Link
Bill and Aura, you are both far more sensible than me! I have an attachment to Spotmatics in particular for sentimental reasons. My Grandfather used one and when He passed away a few years ago my Dad inherited it. He doesn't use it, it just sits in a bag along with several lovely old lenses but I dont have the heart to ask him for it, even though He wasn't close to his Dad. .....So I bought my own! I have happy memories of the three of us making trips out together to shoot...wait for it......TRAINS! So I guess you can see why I'm excited about film, its in no way practical or sensible for me and I certainly won't be giving up my K30.

Daniel.

ps I am not a train spotter
Sean282
Posted 25/02/2013 - 11:21 Link
Now the owner of a Pentax MX with an M 50mm F1.7. Needs cleaned up but everything is in good order AFAICS. Came with its original leather case and a second focusing screen.

Any recommendations on where best to buy film and get it processed?
womble
Posted 25/02/2013 - 22:21 Link
Buy something cheap and cheerful and go for a cheap in-store type processing to check the MX out first. After you're happy it works OK there are plenty of choices. I usually use Ektar 100 for colour print but it is fussy about exposure and developing so use a good lab. For BW I use a variety of films although I tend to use the Ilford Delta 100 or 400 mostly, or Kodak BW400CN if I want a chromogenic film with a wide exposure latitude. Agfa APX 100 is also a nice fine grain film and cheaper than most. Tri-X is the classic 400 BW film.

For good quality (= pricy) dev and scan I use the Darkroom UK. Costs a fair bit but good quality. Virtually all my scanned negs on here and flickr were done by them.

Have fun, the MX is lovely.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.