My mum's garden
Posted 30/09/2013 - 20:01
Link
These are very beautiful Drew, that new Sigma macro lens seems to suit you very well. I can't pick an outright favourite, but the first, third and last stand out.
Regards
David
Regards
David
Posted 30/09/2013 - 20:32
Link
davidstorm wrote:
These are very beautiful Drew, that new Sigma macro lens seems to suit you very well. I can't pick an outright favourite, but the first, third and last stand out.
Regards
David
Cheers David, they weren't taken with the new one, this is the macro lens I bought from Barry.
These are very beautiful Drew, that new Sigma macro lens seems to suit you very well. I can't pick an outright favourite, but the first, third and last stand out.
Regards
David
Posted 30/09/2013 - 21:13
Link
That fading light has certainly lit the blooms beautifully and very nicely processed also.
Posted 30/09/2013 - 21:40
Link
Really nice set, my faves are 1 and 3 but the leaf in the 3rd I think is a little distracting.
I also really like the point of view on the second, a really nice angle.
Paul
I also really like the point of view on the second, a really nice angle.
Paul
Digital
K-30, GX-10, DA 16-45, DA 18-55 and DAL 55 - 300
Film
ME Super, 2 x MX, SP 500 and SP F
and lense or 2
K-30, GX-10, DA 16-45, DA 18-55 and DAL 55 - 300
Film
ME Super, 2 x MX, SP 500 and SP F
and lense or 2
Posted 30/09/2013 - 22:15
Link
I love number 1 Andrew, a beautifully diffused background and spot on focus, plus the flower looks like it is lit with an inner glow.
Number 4 also has similar qualities, the lessons I gave you seem to be paying off
Number 4 also has similar qualities, the lessons I gave you seem to be paying off
Great simplicity is only won by an intense moment or by years of intelligent effort. T.S Eliot
Gear Not enough!!
PPG
Flickr
My not so new website
Gear Not enough!!
PPG
Flickr
My not so new website
Posted 30/09/2013 - 23:05
Link
4th is great - the background complements the flower better than in the others I feel, and there's a lovely glow to the orange tones
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2943 posts
15 years
Chesterfield
K5 & Sigma f2.8 50mm Macro, crops, tweaks to exposures, levels and white balances in PSE 10.
1. Flame
2. Up above
3. Ring of Fire
4. Orb
5. Late Shift
"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla
PPG link
Flickr link