My Great Aunt
Posted 28/02/2009 - 07:53
Link
Spencer
where is the B&W version? I see both colour
where is the B&W version? I see both colour
Amin Photo Gallery
Posted 28/02/2009 - 08:05
Link
Having a spot of bother with uploading...
Is that better?
Is that better?
Cheers,
Spencer
K20D | DA 18-55 II | FA-J 75-300
Spencer
K20D | DA 18-55 II | FA-J 75-300
Posted 28/02/2009 - 08:17
Link
Hi Spencer
I dont know much about photography, I am quite new to the field so my opinions are quite of a novice.
When I look at both the pictures I feel like I would like to have been able to see a little more of the darkened part of the face of the subject. Looks like it could do with a bit of light there. The eye, the cheek and generally that part of the image.
But please this is my very personal and inexperienced opinion. The ones with a huge wealth of experience and knowledge here will be able to give you a more professional advice and views.
But I do prefer the coloured one
Amin
I dont know much about photography, I am quite new to the field so my opinions are quite of a novice.
When I look at both the pictures I feel like I would like to have been able to see a little more of the darkened part of the face of the subject. Looks like it could do with a bit of light there. The eye, the cheek and generally that part of the image.
But please this is my very personal and inexperienced opinion. The ones with a huge wealth of experience and knowledge here will be able to give you a more professional advice and views.
But I do prefer the coloured one
Amin
Amin Photo Gallery
Posted 28/02/2009 - 08:38
Link
Thanks for your thoughts Amin. I agree about the light. I could have done with a reflector or something I guess.
I've posted them again but with some very crude lightening on the right hand side. The colour one looks a bit too red now on that cheek but don't have the software / know how to do any better!
[IMG]http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv5/nzspen/Colourlighter.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv5/nzspen/BWlighter.jpg[/IMG]
I've posted them again but with some very crude lightening on the right hand side. The colour one looks a bit too red now on that cheek but don't have the software / know how to do any better!
[IMG]http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv5/nzspen/Colourlighter.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv5/nzspen/BWlighter.jpg[/IMG]
Cheers,
Spencer
K20D | DA 18-55 II | FA-J 75-300
Spencer
K20D | DA 18-55 II | FA-J 75-300
Posted 28/02/2009 - 08:58
Link
with the adjustments on that cheek I prefer the B&W one now . You are right, it looks a bit more red on the colour one.
But the kind people around here might show you a way to get around that.
Thanks
Amin
But the kind people around here might show you a way to get around that.
Thanks
Amin
Amin Photo Gallery
Posted 28/02/2009 - 16:36
Link
I'm also quite a novice here, so take my opinions lightly I prefer the colour one, however it would look better if you could get more details from shadows if possible...
Kind regards,
Michal R. Hoffmann
K20D, DA 16-45mm, A 50mm F/1:1.4, DA 55-300mm; flash Pentax AF240Z
Michal R. Hoffmann
K20D, DA 16-45mm, A 50mm F/1:1.4, DA 55-300mm; flash Pentax AF240Z
Posted 02/03/2009 - 09:41
Link
Thanks for the feedback guys. Will have to mess around with the colour one a bit then and see if I can recover anything from the shadows.
Cheers,
Spencer
K20D | DA 18-55 II | FA-J 75-300
Spencer
K20D | DA 18-55 II | FA-J 75-300
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


28 posts
17 years
London region / New Zealand
I'd be interested in some feedback on both really, and what the best one might be to give to her etc.
[IMG]http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv5/nzspen/-312.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv5/nzspen/BW.jpg[/IMG]
Spencer
K20D | DA 18-55 II | FA-J 75-300