Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

My first uploads

Damfino
Posted 14/08/2007 - 18:09 Link
These are the first photographs I have taken with the K10D. They are nothing to shout about, I was just messing around. I just wanted to share them. Any comments are welcome but please be kind.

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee141/Jo_Keaton
"The camera can't catch my blushes!" - Buster Keaton

"A day without laughter is a day wasted" - Charlie Chaplin

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot." - Buster Keaton
George Lazarette
Posted 14/08/2007 - 19:30 Link
I think these illustrate the photographic challenge in Britain.

There's no shortage of good subjects, just a shortage of good light.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
johnriley
Posted 14/08/2007 - 20:50 Link
Scotland in May or September for me. If the light is right, it is superb.
Best regards, John
ChrisA
Posted 14/08/2007 - 21:24 Link
Damfino wrote:
These are the first photographs I have taken with the K10D. They are nothing to shout about, I was just messing around. I just wanted to share them. Any comments are welcome but please be kind.

I was very excited when I took my first photos with my K10D back in January this year. They were my first photos with a DSLR ever. So it's nice that you share these.

I'd had a Sony compact for a while which I still have, and is fine within its limitations, but it doesn't really hit the spot, somehow, whereas the '10 very much does.

As you go on, I'd make a suggestion for when you have photos that you want critiqued:

Critique them yourself first, as ruthlessly as you can. Then mostly, people's comments won't be a surprise. When they are, it often makes more difference to what you do, than when you really already knew what they were going to say.

Of course, even when you did already know, it sometimes still helps you believe what you knew already.
Gashley
Posted 15/08/2007 - 08:40 Link
I quite like the waterfall one, though personnally I would have slowed the shutter speed down to blur the water. Its personal preference really but I like the look it gives.

Keep up the good work.

Speaking of light, I was driving back from Chesterfield on Sunday evening, and as usual I drive over the A537 Cat and Fiddle road from Buxton to Macclesfield. The sun was just setting and the light across the tops of the hills was amazing. What is even more amazing is that I had my camera with me, but didn't take any pictures Had 2 tired kids in the back and I don't think the Mrs would have been too impressed if I had pulled over and took some shots! May go back soon and take some
Gareth

K100D, P30, Pentax 18-55, Pentax SMC 1:1.7 50, Vivitar 80-200, Vivitar 28mm, Sigma 70-300 APO DG Macro - Vivitar 2800D flash - Pentax AF360FGZ flash

https://www.flickr.com/photos/18262727@N08/
Damfino
Posted 15/08/2007 - 11:54 Link
The light was pretty terrible because it was a cloudy grey day that was constantly threatening to rain. But I couldn't resist a few shots anyway. I always have the option of photoshop.

Quote:
I quite like the waterfall one, though personnally I would have slowed the shutter speed down to blur the water. Its personal preference really but I like the look it gives.

I wanted to slow the shutter speed down but I'll have to admit that I forgot how to do it I button bashed for a few minutes but had to leave because my little brother was creating havoc. I eventually got it to slow down and got a shot of the little fountain. I didn't get another opportunity to go back though -- I must continue to be a slave to the manual.

[quote]The sun was just setting and the light across the tops of the hills was amazing. What is even more amazing is that I had my camera with me, but didn't take any pictures Had 2 tired kids in the back and I don't think the Mrs would have been too impressed if I had pulled over and took some shots! May go back soon and take some "

It's a shame you missed the opportunity but I can sympathise with your wife on the matter.
"The camera can't catch my blushes!" - Buster Keaton

"A day without laughter is a day wasted" - Charlie Chaplin

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot." - Buster Keaton

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.