My First Time - be gentle

Stoupaduck
Posted 11/02/2009 - 23:14 Link
As I'm new - here's one of mine

Comment Image
K3;K5;DA*16-50mm;DFA 100mm WR Macro;F4 DA*300mm;DA*60-250mm F4; Sigma 150-500mm; Mecablitz 58 AF-2;K1000/M50mm f2.
bforbes
Posted 11/02/2009 - 23:34 Link
Maybe could have cropped closer to the swan. there is not a lot happening to the right and left
Stoupaduck
Posted 11/02/2009 - 23:42 Link
Thanks - you're not wrong.
K3;K5;DA*16-50mm;DFA 100mm WR Macro;F4 DA*300mm;DA*60-250mm F4; Sigma 150-500mm; Mecablitz 58 AF-2;K1000/M50mm f2.
hefty1
Posted 11/02/2009 - 23:44 Link
Nice reflection - I'd be tempted to crop it in a portrait format and just concentrate on that and the subject.
Joining the Q
Oggy
Posted 11/02/2009 - 23:58 Link
Nice contrast
Comment Image
womble
Posted 12/02/2009 - 01:36 Link
Cropped to portrait, or even maybe a square print, and you have a lovely photo there. The reflection makes for a lovely shot.

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
pschlute
Posted 12/02/2009 - 09:39 Link
Yes you have got the exposure spot on. Not easy with this kind of subject.
scorpioni
Posted 12/02/2009 - 10:36 Link
A very nice shot, and beautifully composed. As so often the case, I am at odds with other opinion re cropping. I think the movement of water and reflections each side of this picture add further interest, and help counteract the very dark areas. These serve as a natural frame to the main subject, and help the eye wander around the picture.

Kind regards, Adrian.
Hardgravity
Posted 12/02/2009 - 17:44 Link
I was going to do that Gareth, you beat me to it and did it so well.

Much more pleasing to the eye cropped, nice shot stoupduck.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

PPG entries.
woodworm
Posted 12/02/2009 - 18:17 Link
I think the second one is cropped too close and prefer the original. To me the reflections on the right hand side (of the original image) are a little distracting, but I really like the waves caused by the swan swimming - I think it gives it a nice sense of movement.
beachboy2
Posted 14/02/2009 - 05:00 Link
Agree with Woodworm. Sometimes cropping not needed.

K5, K20D, Bigma, Sigma EX 105, Sigma EX 10-20, Sigma EX 28-70 F2.8, Sigma Ex 1.4TC,
Pentax 135 F3.5, Pentax 30mm F2.8 , Pentax 50mm F1.7, Pentax 55mm F1.8,
Super Taks: 35mm F3.5, 50mm F1.4, 135mm F3.5, 200mm F4
Vivitar TX 200mm F3.5,Vivitar (Komine)135mm f2.8, Vivitar 2X TC, Vivitar T4 400mm F6.3
Tamron SP 35-80,80-210 F3.8, Helios 44M, Mir 1B 37mm F2.8, Jupiter 9 85mm F2, Chinon 28mm F2.8, 3M-5A 500mm F8 etc etc

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo