My favourites from 2016

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 07/01/2017 - 07:48
Inspired by a few others here, I've picked out twelve images from the past year which I'm particularly happy with.

I feel that 2016 was the photographically most productive year that I have ever had, not in terms of sheer volume but in terms of images that I'm very happy with. I think the biggest factor in this has been the amount of travelling I've done - Barcelona, Paris, Norway, Stockholm, Bilbao and various other trips within Spain. These trips have brought photographic opportunities aplenty and I've tried to make the most of them. In particular, the trip to Paris with three days on my own and shooting largely film, was something I've been dreaming of doing for years. Going to Norway and Sweden was a trip my wife and I have been thinking of for many years too.

With all of that, I found it extremely difficult to narrow it down to twelve photos as the others here have done. I don't feel that these photos are an accurate photographic representation of my year because there aren't enough of them to show everything I would consider a highlight, but if I go for more than twelve, where do I stop?

Preikestolen, Norway

Pulpit rock (B&W version)
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Pulpit rock HDR panorama DA 40mm

Ferry crossing, Norway

Norway

Stockholm by night

Goodnight, Stockholm

Paris

The Arch

Paris P645 160NS 012a

Paris, Ricoh XR-M, FP4 080a

Galicia

Beach panorama 2a

Panorama 1c

Burgos

Fog panorama 2

Fuentesauco, a small village in central Spain

Christmas
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

Dariusz

Link Posted 07/01/2017 - 09:13
Fantastic summary of the past year, many thanks for sharing

Northgrain

Link Posted 07/01/2017 - 10:41
Really great to see these, and to have the info on such a positive Photographic year for you Jonathan. Such a great sense of the variety of your travels, and some absolutely cracking images . The bike and the chair particularly appeal - real showstoppers for me.
Tim

Some of my vaguely better stuff

redbusa99

Link Posted 07/01/2017 - 12:52
another excellent set of images , my favourites are the Chair and the Bike
K3 II and the odd lens or 2

Flickr

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 07/01/2017 - 17:56
Northgrain wrote:
Really great to see these, and to have the info on such a positive Photographic year for you Jonathan. Such a great sense of the variety of your travels, and some absolutely cracking images . The bike and the chair particularly appeal - real showstoppers for me.

redbusa99 wrote:
another excellent set of images , my favourites are the Chair and the Bike

Many thanks. It's interesting that you both chose the two film shots in the set.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

davidtrout

Link Posted 07/01/2017 - 20:26
I like the variety in this set and admire your head for heights when getting near the edge to photograph Pulpit Rock. The Arch I love because one of my favourite photo locations has always been La Defense in Paris. (Not that I've been there many times, just three) Your view from The Grande Arche to the Arc de Triomph is a classic.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 07/01/2017 - 22:14
Very varied set! Looks like 2016 was a good year for you and Paris and Norway was especially good to you
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm ii HSM Macro - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

Top-banana

Link Posted 07/01/2017 - 23:40
photos 1 & 7 are the ones that standout for me..a great series with real variety though.

Northgrain

Link Posted 08/01/2017 - 00:34
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
Many thanks. It's interesting that you both chose the two film shots in the set.

Hadn't realised that, But have always admired your commitment to film, so maybe shows there's a certain something about the medium or approach when using film
Tim

Some of my vaguely better stuff

LennyBloke

Link Posted 08/01/2017 - 10:10
Travel has certainly paid dividends for you in the past year - the one that topped it off for me is Christmas, so simple, nicely processed and effective
LennyBloke

alfpics

Link Posted 08/01/2017 - 13:22
I like the ferry crossing and the Christmas image - both b&w. Another nice set of images!
Andy

davidwozhere

Link Posted 09/01/2017 - 01:33
These are all excellent but the B&Ws stand out for me
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 09/01/2017 - 18:26
Great sense of scale to these... and the Christmas shot at the end is super... simple and very beautiful...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

Carol8345

Link Posted 15/01/2017 - 21:18
Beautiful images
My Instagram
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.