Museums - ongoing...

Sry

Link Posted 06/09/2018 - 21:03
Like my last post from a while back, these are from the very nice municipal museum in Agen (halfway between Bordeaux and Toulouse, southwest France).

This room was mostly occupied by local native François-Xavier Lalanne, known for his utilitarian (cabinets, drawers, sofas...) animalistic sculptures. Quite talented with pencil and ink as well.

The display cabinets were themselves objects of great craftmanship. These bird-lamps by Heike Muhlhaus fit in beautifully.

And I liked this flaming sun-mirror (I'm not sure this was a Lalanne creation), which somehow echoed the aforementioned bird-lamps.

DSP121

Link Posted 07/09/2018 - 06:14
Amazing set of images. The bird lamps are so delightful.
ShotOn Signature Stamp for Oppo

McGregNi

Link Posted 07/09/2018 - 12:27
I think the mono tones and contrasts project the character and nuances of the subjects well, and there's an appropriate "arty" feeling, a sophistication, that the photos convey.

I'm not so convinced by the compositions which seem to, in some cases, present the subjects at a tangent, or even cut off, and in some there is a lack of focal point, meaning it's hard to latch on visually.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver

Sry

Link Posted 07/09/2018 - 16:50
Thanks for the kudos, DSP.

And thanks for the thoughts, Nigel. I do admit to striving for a general feel in most of my images, rather than necessarily having a clearly delineated subject. Your first paragraph is a confirmation I should continue that route, while your second gives me good warning that, perhaps, attention must also be paid to affirming structure within that mindframe.

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 09/09/2018 - 14:18
Strong sense of mood, as ever... really like the half seen elements... and the interplay of shadow, reflection and the real thing... particularly like the half beast of no. 1 (head and feet, body replaced by head and light reflection), and the paint crack dividing the frame in 4...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Facebook
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.