Northumberland 2018


carmagw

Link Posted 03/09/2018 - 10:22
Few shots from my jollies,

No 1 Bamburgh Castle



No 2 Dunstanburgh Castle



No 3 Dunstanburgh Castle



No 4 Craster Harbour



No 5 View back to Craster from Dunstanburgh Castle



No 6 Part of Dunstanburgh Castler



No 7 Bamburgh Croquet



No 8 View to Dunstanburgh Castle



No 9 Dunstanburgh Castle



No 10 Dunstanburgh Castle



No 11 Mans best friend



Thanks for looking.

Regards

George
Last Edited by carmagw on 03/09/2018 - 10:22

stub

Link Posted 03/09/2018 - 12:40
Just love no7... After seeing a million images of Bamburgh. The game of cricket really sets it off.. Though I think Northumberlands cricket rivals my photography in terms of excellence...
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..

danofmk

Link Posted 03/09/2018 - 14:16
7 is a gem. Something different and alive, a nice change from the more typical landscapes one tends to see.

I like the composition in 6 too.

Thanks for sharing

vejj

Link Posted 03/09/2018 - 16:03
All great, but 7 really shines. I can see it being on the front of the tour brochure.
Gradually learning the art of polishing turds

K-3, K-1
Pentax 18-35, 35-80, 50, 85, 300
Tokina 70-210

jvs

Link Posted 03/09/2018 - 21:55
Ok, so Dunstanburgh and Bamburgh castles are done to death photographically - but for me that doesnít detract from the quality of this set. Superb skies, great light, great perspectives. Having said all that, my pick is Craster harbour, which Iíve always found hard to make look attractive, but looks really good here. Thanks for posting these!
John

AlJones2402

Link Posted 04/09/2018 - 01:33
A wonderful set of images.
3,7 & 9 are my favourites.

pschlute

Link Posted 04/09/2018 - 21:17
Well number 4 Craster harbour does it for me. Lovely serene image.

Love the pooch too.
Peter



My Flickr page

LennyBloke

Link Posted 05/09/2018 - 16:27
Really good set, nice variety of lighting and processing

There's been a lot of good photography on here recently
LennyBloke

McBrian

Link Posted 05/09/2018 - 16:44
Good set, #9 is the stand out for me
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.

geordie01

Link Posted 06/09/2018 - 10:48
Right I am complaining to admins to have these removed at once.
I live up here and i do not want any of these tourist type people seeing these and invading my wonderfull county SHAME ON YOU!!

PS
no 7 for me.

RobL

Link Posted 06/09/2018 - 14:04
geordie01 wrote:
Right I am complaining to admins to have these removed at once.
I live up here and i do not want any of these tourist type people seeing these and invading my wonderfull county SHAME ON YOU!!

PS
no 7 for me.

Too late, Iíve booked for a few days in November! I hear it will be warm and sunny so packing my Speedos and sun cream.

Love the photos, especially the sunsets.
Last Edited by RobL on 06/09/2018 - 14:05

bforbes

Link Posted 06/09/2018 - 14:53
RobL wrote:
geordie01 wrote:
Right I am complaining to admins to have these removed at once.
I live up here and i do not want any of these tourist type people seeing these and invading my wonderfull county SHAME ON YOU!!

PS
no 7 for me.

Too late, Iíve booked for a few days in November! I hear it will be warm and sunny so packing my Speedos and sun cream.

Love the photos, especially the sunsets.

It takes a special kind of photographer to capture sunsets on the East Coast
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young
.
Pentax K1 K5-IIS K-01 K20D A50/2 A50/1.7 DA10-17 DA18-250 DA18-135 DA18-55 DA300 DA40 DA50-135 DA50-200 DA55-300 DA70 F35-70 DFA150-450 FA20-35 FA100 FA135 FA35 FA28 FA43 FA50 FA77 K55/1.8 M135/3.5 M200/4 M28/3.5 M28/2.8 M40/2.8 Q 01 02 MX-1 I-10 Sigma 15 24 105 180 8-16 10-20 17-35 17-50/2.8 24-70 400/5.6MF Tamron 70-200/2.8 17/3.5MF 24/2.5MF 28/2.5MF 90/2.5MF


http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

RobL

Link Posted 06/09/2018 - 15:37
East coast? Is that where it is? Sorry carmagw I didnít realise you had got up that early. Definitely worth it.

JAK

Link Posted 06/09/2018 - 16:21
I do like the all but (to me) two have processing issues with regards to HDR. #9 overdoes the HDR unless you can cure the edge effect between the wall and the view where there is a halo round the arch and #6 suffers similarly but darkens the surround to the join instead. Sadly that's a common problem with some HDR programs and needs to be watched for. Editing each part of the image as a separate layer can sort that out. However the sunset in #8 is quite super.
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 06/09/2018 - 16:26

carmagw

Link Posted 06/09/2018 - 20:37
Thanks for all the comments.


RobL wrote:
East coast? Is that where it is? Sorry carmagw I didnít realise you had got up that early. Definitely worth it.

Didn't get up early, they are sunsets, the sun being to the far left and actually out of shot but reflecting the colours nicely. The position of the harbour allows you to look back towards the sunset. At Beadnell harbour you can actually get a sunset due to the shape of it and surrounding headland, for example, taken last year :





JAK wrote:
I do like the all but (to me) two have processing issues with regards to HDR. #9 overdoes the HDR unless you can cure the edge effect between the wall and the view where there is a halo round the arch and #6 suffers similarly but darkens the surround to the join instead. Sadly that's a common problem with some HDR programs and needs to be watched for. Editing each part of the image as a separate layer can sort that out. However the sunset in #8 is quite super.

Thanks for this I can see it on 9 which was quite heavily processed with such a difference between shadows and light areas but struggling to see it on 6. Even gone back to original and zoomed in and not able to see a halo, unless I'm overlooking the obvious. I did think there was a little halo on the Craster Harbour shot (4) but looking at the original it looks like the reflection of the light on the ripples changed just in front of the line of the harbour wall. All were processed in lightroom, not able to use layers on my version.

Thanks again for your comments.

George
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.