Mud 2.0

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 22/11/2020 - 11:52
Thanks all for thoughts and comments re these... good to make contact again... have really enjoyed this project... made multiple visits over the summer, often towards the end of the day... a welcome release after the first lockdown... the tidal range on the Channel is huge, so you can get a very long way away from anything else surprisingly quickly...

John L: yes, was very much going after the reflections... there's almost a "biting point" as the sun sets where the mud seems to really absorb the low light around it...

John R, David J, Peter: yes, really squelchy mucky stuff this... have fallen flat on my face in it loads, and both my gear and me too have required a heavy shower after each visit... great fun... but infinitely surprising I've found...

Nigel C: thanks for thoughts re the day job... been a pretty brutal few months if I'm honest, and not really going to change any time soon in our line of work either, unfortunately... fingers crossed for the vaccine... yes, love the views of Steep Holm... it dominates that stretch of the channel... great place to go grow up too I imagine... mud pies galore...

Serge: yes, there's definitely something going on with the close ups... have found it literally "comes alive" in low light... all sorts of imagined worlds... 5 and 13 were on dropping tides, so literally about half mud half water... there's a lovely cross over were you're not quite sure which is which... and the organic thing is very appealing... it's constantly changing, both under the surface of the water, and often right before your eyes... you're never quite sure what you're going to see next... been a lot of fun...

Thanks again all.. much appreciated as ever... have all sorts of stuff in the locker from the last few months, so will post as and when I can...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

RobL

Link Posted 22/11/2020 - 16:04
Another great set Bill. I donít know if it is your thing but have you thought about getting a distinction at the RPS? A project like this would be a natural fit for an Associate or Fellowship, and the HQ is in Bristol. Just a thought.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 22/11/2020 - 19:38
Perfection .

The most exquisite celebration of mud I've had the pleasure of experiencing since Flanders and Swann. And not a hippopotamus in sight...

Steve

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 22/11/2020 - 19:58
Thanks both... thatís very kind of you...

Rob, thatís an interesting thought... must be honest, not something that had crossed my mind, thus far... but you never know... never say never... 😉👍

Steve, thatís proper comedy gold... had to do a bit of Flanagan and Allen for a job once, but Flanders and Swann are truly mud-tastic... 😉👍

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

jules66

Link Posted 25/11/2020 - 05:18
Beautiful set

redbusa99

Link Posted 25/11/2020 - 13:05
great set Bill from something as mundane as Severn mud, as has been said you have a great eye to give us some very evocative images. Take care though the Severn mud takes no prisoners, can be a very dangerous place.
K3 II and the odd lens or 2

Flickr

MrB

Link Posted 25/11/2020 - 13:27
Wonderful images showing your great vision - all too often mine is just muddy.

Philip

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 26/11/2020 - 20:55
Thanks Jules, Joe and Philip... very kind of you...

Joe, I know what you mean on the mud front... it's sticky, but also pretty "sucky" in places... always try and go on a dropping tide, just in case 😉

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.