Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

a 'Loaned PENTAX 'PINO 35'

Peter Elgar
Posted 24/11/2020 - 13:50 Link
A Camera Club and Flickr Mate loans me cameras to try out with real FILM!!
The latest one is a compact Pentax 'Pino 35' so I loaded it with some very outdated 'PhotoTec 400' that i cur from bulk that I was given via Sons of my Deceased Great Friend . I rated it at 200 ASA and processed in my Home-Made FX-15 ( Acutol-S Formula' stock strength to see if I could get a little 'Finer Grain' . I scanned with a PlusTek OpticFilm 7200 + Vuescan Pro + FastStone Image Viewer The PINO 35 is not easy to use as when I thought I was turning the 'Focus' the 'Light' thingy moved as well - then the ASA ring kept changing ! I did use the built-in flash on the Snowman pic. It was 'Guesswork' really ! I think it is a 'Fixed Focus' camera with only ONE shutter speed ! ( I was glad to GIVE IT BACK ! )
Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!
johnriley
Posted 24/11/2020 - 15:06 Link
The results are some lovely, gritty black and white images. The tones are fantastic, all those gorgeous blacks!
Best regards, John
K10D
Posted 24/11/2020 - 20:13 Link
+1

Wonderful mono's.

Best regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....
MrB
Posted 24/11/2020 - 23:24 Link
Another +1 !

Philip
Benz3ne
Posted 25/11/2020 - 05:08 Link
Fantastic work!
jvs
Posted 25/11/2020 - 14:50 Link
Agreed. Superb tones!
John
womble
Posted 25/11/2020 - 14:51 Link
Great stuff.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
alfpics
Posted 25/11/2020 - 20:36 Link
All of the above! Great images Peter.
Andy
LennyBloke
Posted 26/11/2020 - 08:19 Link
alfpics wrote:
All of the above! Great images Peter.

..agreed - and a great example of the fact that it's what behind the camera that's the most important element
LennyBloke

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.