Most boring job
Posted 27/02/2012 - 19:05
Link
You are probably right - but it makes for a fun pic.
Clare
Clare
Posted 27/02/2012 - 22:22
Link
greynolds999 wrote:
Nope. Mine is worse!
In my last job I sat in a chair looking out the window for four hours then had eight hours rest to recover. Oh I also had to monitor 5 radios but could blank the static out until I heard the ships name called. During my four hours awake I also had to think up ways to keep almost every one else occupied, boring or what
Nope. Mine is worse!
Posted 28/02/2012 - 00:09
Link
Interesting photo - but nothing like Britain's most boring job.
Many years ago, I went on a tour of (what was then) the Creda factory at Blythe Bridge. They had a conveyorised production line on which several people manually assembled parts to produce Creda storage heaters. One chap had the job of applying glue, using a gun, to the insulation on the front of the heater. The next chap along applied the front panel on top of the glue ribbon. They did this 8hrs a day, 5 days per week. I remember asking the chap with the glue gun whether he found the job a tad tedious. His reply was that it was a bit, but he was looking forward to tomorrow, because he got to swap with guy next to him who applied the front panel.
This seemed pretty boring to me.
Andrew
Many years ago, I went on a tour of (what was then) the Creda factory at Blythe Bridge. They had a conveyorised production line on which several people manually assembled parts to produce Creda storage heaters. One chap had the job of applying glue, using a gun, to the insulation on the front of the heater. The next chap along applied the front panel on top of the glue ribbon. They did this 8hrs a day, 5 days per week. I remember asking the chap with the glue gun whether he found the job a tad tedious. His reply was that it was a bit, but he was looking forward to tomorrow, because he got to swap with guy next to him who applied the front panel.
This seemed pretty boring to me.
Andrew
Posted 28/02/2012 - 00:25
Link
They do say you can train a chimpanzee to operate a capstan lathe. What you can't do is get it to spend a lifetime doing it.
Whose the smarter?
In my first job I spent 5 years staring at polished samples of bronze under a microsope, which I then photographed with a 1/4 plate (glass) camera mounted on the top. After I'd processed the plates and produced B&W prints I delivered them to the metallurgist then went back and did another load.
I never did figure out what he saw in them.
regards
Bernard
Whose the smarter?
In my first job I spent 5 years staring at polished samples of bronze under a microsope, which I then photographed with a 1/4 plate (glass) camera mounted on the top. After I'd processed the plates and produced B&W prints I delivered them to the metallurgist then went back and did another load.
I never did figure out what he saw in them.
regards
Bernard
Posted 28/02/2012 - 09:12
Link
tyronet2000 wrote:
RFA?
greynolds999 wrote:
Nope. Mine is worse!
In my last job I sat in a chair looking out the window for four hours then had eight hours rest to recover. Oh I also had to monitor 5 radios but could blank the static out until I heard the ships name called. During my four hours awake I also had to think up ways to keep almost every one else occupied, boring or what Nope. Mine is worse!
Posted 28/02/2012 - 12:40
Link
tyronet2000 wrote:
I took it that you were almost applauding him for doing/ having that boring job
Stuey wrote:
At least it is a job and an interesting photo
I'm not knocking the fact he's working At least he's not sat on the pavement with the mandatory dog on a string At least it is a job and an interesting photo
Posted 28/02/2012 - 13:28
Link
I get quite dismayed when you ask someone what they do and they say they are 'only' a cleaner/barman/etc.
All jobs require doing and I think anyone who does a job (paid or unpaid) and does it with dedication and professionalism deserves the same respect, regardless of what the job entails.
In fact the weird thing in life is, the less I do the more I get paid!
All jobs require doing and I think anyone who does a job (paid or unpaid) and does it with dedication and professionalism deserves the same respect, regardless of what the job entails.
In fact the weird thing in life is, the less I do the more I get paid!
Posted 28/02/2012 - 13:32
Link
greynolds999 wrote:
I get quite dismayed when you ask someone what they do and they say they are 'only' a cleaner/barman/etc.
All jobs require doing and I think anyone who does a job (paid or unpaid) and does it with dedication and professionalism deserves the same respect, regardless of what the job entails.
In fact the weird thing in life is, the less I do the more I get paid!
How very true, and the harder you work the luckier you get
I get quite dismayed when you ask someone what they do and they say they are 'only' a cleaner/barman/etc.
All jobs require doing and I think anyone who does a job (paid or unpaid) and does it with dedication and professionalism deserves the same respect, regardless of what the job entails.
In fact the weird thing in life is, the less I do the more I get paid!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


4862 posts
15 years
Northumberland
[IMG]http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g406/tyronet2000/BW-boring-job-0744.jpg[/IMG]
Stan
PPG