More zoo photos
Posted 13/04/2009 - 12:02
Link
some nice shot number 1 for me,
just keep snapping,
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/scottbenson
http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww272/scottthehat/
CAMERAS = k200d + battery grip.
nikon d300 + battery grip.
LENSES = tamron aspherical DII 18-200mm f3.5/6.3,
nikon 18-200mm afs vr f3.5/5.6 g dx
sigma 150-500mm apo dg hsm os
sigma 170-500mm apo dg
FLASH = samsung sef36pzf flash + more.
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/scottbenson
http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww272/scottthehat/
CAMERAS = k200d + battery grip.
nikon d300 + battery grip.
LENSES = tamron aspherical DII 18-200mm f3.5/6.3,
nikon 18-200mm afs vr f3.5/5.6 g dx
sigma 150-500mm apo dg hsm os
sigma 170-500mm apo dg
FLASH = samsung sef36pzf flash + more.
Posted 14/04/2009 - 08:38
Link
Number 1 is very good. The others look a little soft to me. Were they shot through glass?
Best regards
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Posted 14/04/2009 - 09:43
Link
Stefan no.1 is by far the best for me and is very good. All of the others lack 'punch' ie, they look a bit washed out.
https://pentaxphotogallery.com" target="_blank">
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/images/black_link_small.jpg" alt="See my photos featured in the PENTAX Photogallery" />
Posted 14/04/2009 - 11:30
Link
terje-l wrote:
Number 1 is very good. The others look a little soft to me. Were they shot through glass?
Number 1 is very good. The others look a little soft to me. Were they shot through glass?
Karl wrote:
Stefan no.1 is by far the best for me and is very good. All of the others lack 'punch' ie, they look a bit washed out.
All the others were shot with the TC I had it for free from Kriss and wanted to try it out, some photos came out fair enough like the elephant but yes it does lack some punch. Stefan no.1 is by far the best for me and is very good. All of the others lack 'punch' ie, they look a bit washed out.
The TC won't be used so often as I wanted to do after seeing the result on the computer, certainly the bokeh isn't nice. It does doubles the magnification of the macro lens so will use it for that from now on.
This one was taken 2 month before these

Model: PENTAX K10D
Shutter Speed: 1/40 second
F Number: F/5.6
Focal Length: 100 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Much better don't you think?
I've redone that shot a month ago but still need to upload them
Posted 14/04/2009 - 12:55
Link
The snake is terrific !
Like others have said the rest are looking soft/washed out unfortunately.
Otters are cute.
Like others have said the rest are looking soft/washed out unfortunately.
Otters are cute.
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 16/04/2009 - 09:58
Link
Stefan
The snake definitely is trumps, absolutely wonderful and spot on. Like it a lot. And the one you took 2 months ago also are absolutely fantastic.
And yes seems the TC makes the images a bit soft. It makes it look as if you took them through glass.
By the way, sorry to hinjack your thread seems I always do this, but I wanted to ask a question about RAW converters. I am using CS4 , so having heard a lot about silkypix am just wondering what others have been doing, whether they use only PS to convert or use silkypix first to convert in case its a better converter and then use PS for editing.
Thank you
The snake definitely is trumps, absolutely wonderful and spot on. Like it a lot. And the one you took 2 months ago also are absolutely fantastic.
And yes seems the TC makes the images a bit soft. It makes it look as if you took them through glass.
By the way, sorry to hinjack your thread seems I always do this, but I wanted to ask a question about RAW converters. I am using CS4 , so having heard a lot about silkypix am just wondering what others have been doing, whether they use only PS to convert or use silkypix first to convert in case its a better converter and then use PS for editing.
Thank you
Amin Photo Gallery
Posted 16/04/2009 - 11:18
Link
Thank you Mike for the info, I only tested if the macro can do 2:1 with the TC and it does so will use it for that for now on.
Amin, thank you for your comment.
I've still have lots to upload but doesn't seem to have the time to do it.
Most here find silkypix better, I've tried it but couldn't get my head around it since I'm used to adobe. The combination Lightroom photoshop is excellent and has a good workflow for me, in my case I needed to double amount of clicks needed so I ended up not using it.
Maybe we should do some serious tests now which program is better since adobe 5.3 does seem to do his job and the new silkypix is on the way.
Amin, thank you for your comment.
I've still have lots to upload but doesn't seem to have the time to do it.
Most here find silkypix better, I've tried it but couldn't get my head around it since I'm used to adobe. The combination Lightroom photoshop is excellent and has a good workflow for me, in my case I needed to double amount of clicks needed so I ended up not using it.
Maybe we should do some serious tests now which program is better since adobe 5.3 does seem to do his job and the new silkypix is on the way.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



10412 posts
18 years
Dordrecht,
the Netherlands
The lens was the DFA 100mm, with or without the Tamron 2x TC
#1
Make: PENTAX Corporation
Model: PENTAX K10D
Shutter Speed: 1/8 second
F Number: F/3.5
Focal Length: 100 mm
ISO Speed: 200
#2
Make: PENTAX Corporation
Model: PENTAX K10D
Shutter Speed: 1/100 second
Focal Length: 200 mm
ISO Speed: 200
#3
Make: PENTAX Corporation
Model: PENTAX K10D
Shutter Speed: 1/100 second
Focal Length: 200 mm
ISO Speed: 400
#4
Make: PENTAX Corporation
Model: PENTAX K10D
Shutter Speed: 1/40 second
Focal Length: 200 mm
ISO Speed: 500
(cropped quite a lot)
#5
Make: PENTAX Corporation
Model: PENTAX K10D
Shutter Speed: 1/60 second
Focal Length: 200 mm
ISO Speed: 500
#6
Make: PENTAX Corporation
Model: PENTAX K10D
Shutter Speed: 1/30 second
Focal Length: 200 mm
ISO Speed: 500
The TC doesn't do much good for the Bokeh it seems
K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ