More with Problems with photo director software.

AuraTodd

Link Posted 27/05/2015 - 19:13
I couldn't find a section about computers, so I hope this is the right forum.

I am using V 6 of cyberlink photo director on windows 7, but it doesn't seem to be working properly. It was fine just now but now it has stopped working!

When i close it down and try to click on it, it won't re-open which is frustrating. I have restarted the PC, but I am not doing it againm.

How do I sort this problem please?
Always be kind to people

link

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059

link

malcombe

Link Posted 27/05/2015 - 20:27
I've never heardof the software program you are using.

Have you considered giving up the program and getting a copy of Adobe Elements? At least there are tutorials available free of charge on the internet and members on here who can help you-also quite a lot of tutorial books for Elements.

I know that you have to pay for Elements, but I do think it would be a good investment.

Best of luck

Malcombe

McGregNi

Link Posted 27/05/2015 - 20:51
Sometimes its best not to worry about too many choices and stick with what you have, assuming there is an easy solution. Louise, I'm assuming you are double clicking on the programme icon to try and open it? Maybe there's a problem just with the icon and its link. I would try to run the programme by using its Start menu item .... Click on start, then find Cybelink in the alphabetical list ....(it might have a yellow folder here, in which case click on that to open it and you should find the programme run icon inside).

Click on that and see what happens ...... If it doesn't work, are the any messages popping up?
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver

SteveLedger

Link Posted 28/05/2015 - 03:26
If you still have the setup file in your downloads folder, often just reinstalling over the top will repair any corruption.

Helpful

Smeggypants

Link Posted 28/05/2015 - 08:13
AuraTodd wrote:
I couldn't find a section about computers, so I hope this is the right forum.

I am using V 6 of cyberlink photo director on windows 7, but it doesn't seem to be working properly. It was fine just now but now it has stopped working!

When i close it down and try to click on it, it won't re-open which is frustrating. I have restarted the PC, but I am not doing it againm.

How do I sort this problem please?

This is usually the result of the program not shutting down properly. Or not shutting down quickly enough which can happen if the process requires much memory management.

If the program reopens OK after it'sa been shut down for say 5 minutes then it's probably the latter. If it will never reopen until the you restart the computer then it's likely the former.

It won't hurt to reinstall as Steve suggests.

I have to add that it's worth biting the bullet and buying Lightroom
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283

Helpful

AuraTodd

Link Posted 28/05/2015 - 09:31
SteveLedger wrote:
If you still have the setup file in your downloads folder, often just reinstalling over the top will repair any corruption.

I could try that but I upgraded from version five to six. Cyberlink sent me a message when I told them, but the reply is so complicated, that I just can't understand it. Perhaps it's my learning difficulty getting in the way

Quote:
Click on start, then find Cybelink in the alphabetical list ....(it might have a yellow folder here, in which case click on that to open it and you should find the programme run icon inside).

Tried, again nothing happens
Always be kind to people

link

link

andy_bell

Link Posted 29/05/2015 - 10:42
Hi Laura,
I use the same software but have had no issues like yours, the only things i can think of which could cause you issues would be the ammount of installed RAM in your PC, hopefully it will be enough to run the product, ( I have 8GB)
As has been mentioned before it may possibly have been a shutting down issue, where the PC was shut down or hibernated before the program closed properly.

Options:

you could start up in "safe mode" and shut down again, then restart normally, hopefully that should clear and left over files etc....and enable you to continue to use the software.

You could also re-install the software as mentioned before, and select repair in the install menu if it offers you that option, if not then just re-install...

Cyberlink will also allow you to install both V5 & V6 on your PC if you wish, its a bit of a faff if V6 is an upgrade version, as you have to install V5 twice, once to upgrade to V6 & then again to install it after V6 is running.....

Good luck, the software is very capable and stable on both of my machines, so stick with it ....

Andy
A few bits & Bobs

AuraTodd

Link Posted 29/05/2015 - 18:22
I have windows 7 home edition and it has 32 bit, processor needs upgrading.
Always be kind to people

link

link

McGregNi

Link Posted 29/05/2015 - 19:27
Worth checking if your version of Cybelink is 64bit .... Usually programmes are available in both 32 and 64 bit versions to match the operating system. I think you should have both options on the installation CD to choose. Worth checking anyway. I'm not a computer expert, but I assume its important to run the right version.

If you don't have a 32 bit version on the disk, I'm sure there's one on the company website, and hopefully your software key code will work with it fine.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver

AuraTodd

Link Posted 30/05/2015 - 10:06

McGregNi

Link Posted 30/05/2015 - 18:13
HI Louise,

I'd try this ..... Go back to the start menu item for running the programme ( as I described earlier) . Now, this time, once you see the programme run icon ( possibly within a start menu folder) right click on it .... Then choose 'properties' from the list. Within this properties window you should find the description of the programme as 32 or 64bit.

Hope you can find a solution to this soon .

davidstorm

Link Posted 13/11/2015 - 13:34
I have Cyberlink Photo Director but don't use it as I find it not as good as other similar editing software. Cyberlink's software in general is not the best and they are well known for producing 'bloatware'; programs that are unnecessarily large and hinder performance. Power Director (video editing software) is an example of this, there are many others too.

My best recommendation would be the same as others, get a different editing program, even if it means spending a bit as in the long run it will work better for you.

Regards
David
Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.