Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

More Eden Project...The Gardener

pschlute
Posted 30/10/2020 - 02:04 Link
Comment Image
IMGP0583A by Peter Schluter, on Flickr
LennyBloke
Posted 30/10/2020 - 09:38 Link
That's a beautifully worked image Peter - I'd guess you've put a fair amount of work into getting the lighting looking that good

...and great to see it at a decent size
LennyBloke
Chrism8
Posted 30/10/2020 - 09:45 Link
LennyBloke wrote:
That's a beautifully worked image Peter - I'd guess you've put a fair amount of work into getting the lighting looking that good

...and great to see it at a decent size

Totally agree with John, very nicely shot
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8

Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8

K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
pschlute
Posted 30/10/2020 - 10:19 Link
Thanks to you both. I was never happy with the original as shot. The sky was completely lifeless and grey. With Photoshop's new Sky Replacement tool I was able to transform the image. John, you are right, I worked on several layers to "dodge and burn" to bring out detail and form in the "gardener" himself.
MrB
Posted 30/10/2020 - 12:09 Link
Quite sci-fi - I like it, particularly the halo effect around the figure.

Philip
cardiffgareth
Posted 02/11/2020 - 12:49 Link
Looks well thought out and constructed
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
pschlute
Posted 02/11/2020 - 13:02 Link
cardiffgareth wrote:
Looks well thought out and constructed

Thanks Gareth. This was my first attempt at sky replacement and I wasn't completely happy so here is another version...

Comment Image
IMGP0583B by Peter Schluter, on Flickr
cardiffgareth
Posted 02/11/2020 - 13:20 - Helpful Comment Link
That works better

A mono could be killer also
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Sry
Posted 16/11/2020 - 21:58 - Helpful Comment Link
At first look I thought that sculpture had been painted in digitally, with the halo being an artefact of the process... But the second version brought me back to reality. On closer look, and beyond the boldness of the colours, what I find interesting is how the 'bubble' shapes of the building echo the lefthand plants' curves, while the righthand plants' jagged spikes recall the gardener's hair and general angularity. The standoff between the curves and spikes is what makes the image work for me. I suppose any sky would make do, but the subject is not there, so perhaps a clear one (or with a cloud or two)?
pschlute
Posted 16/11/2020 - 22:44 Link
Sry wrote:
At first look I thought that sculpture had been painted in digitally, with the halo being an artefact of the process... But the second version brought me back to reality. On closer look, and beyond the boldness of the colours, what I find interesting is how the 'bubble' shapes of the building echo the lefthand plants' curves, while the righthand plants' jagged spikes recall the gardener's hair and general angularity. The standoff between the curves and spikes is what makes the image work for me. I suppose any sky would make do, but the subject is not there, so perhaps a clear one (or with a cloud or two)?

Wow. you looked further into the image than I did

I will start a new thread with the original, and a plainer sky as you suggest.
K10D
Posted 17/11/2020 - 11:15 - Helpful Comment Link
Great processing Peter, resulting in a powerful image.

Best regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.