Monknash

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 22/05/2021 - 21:59
Taken today around 4pm so sun not overhead but still pretty high. Not ideal but you have to work with what you've got.

Pentax K1 | D FA 24-70mm | Benro TMA38CL with GD3WH geared head | Benro Masters big stopper | Formatt Hitech Firecrest C-PL

Colour

Monknash by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Mono

Monknash by Gareth Williams, on Flickr
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

davidwozhere

Link Posted 23/05/2021 - 00:13
The colour one is better IMHO. It emphasizes those lovely clouds on the horizon and picks up all of the subtleties of the foreground rocks.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Helpful

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 23/05/2021 - 00:34
Thanks

I did shoot another image that had more detail in the background but I personally preferred the more subtle mono but we're all different so you may prefer this image instead?

Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

pschlute

Link Posted 23/05/2021 - 03:44
Yes the colour version is the star. Cracking photo again Gareth, you excel at these kind of shots.
Peter

My Flickr page

K10D

Link Posted 23/05/2021 - 07:37
A great scene Gareth. The colour version works well and I agree about fettling a mono version. Had a little play and brightened up the foreground putting the darker mood in the distance. Only another variation and by no means an improvement but does emphasise that your original has a lot going for it.

Best regards

prsjnb

Link Posted 23/05/2021 - 13:56
cardiffgareth wrote:
Thanks

I did shoot another image that had more detail in the background but I personally preferred the more subtle mono but we're all different so you may prefer this image instead?

Given the choice as to which to hang, I'd find it excruciatingly pleasurable to have to decide between the colour 'original' and this 'fettled' B&W. Having seen neither, if some kind soul were to rock-up at my door with a large, framed print of either as a gift I'd be swept away with emotion and gratitude

P. S. Being eternally hopeful, Gareth, I've PM'd you my address
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.