Model car photography

gartmore

Link Posted 16/10/2013 - 20:02
This was posted today on the Ricoh Pentax Facebook page link

I'm sure you'll agree in thinking they are pretty amazing
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

punkrockemo

Link Posted 16/10/2013 - 20:14
Those are great.

The shots are amazingly realistic.

DanielH

Link Posted 16/10/2013 - 20:14
The most intriguing thing is that he does this entirely outdoors, using natural light and a 14-megapixel Canon SX280, which goes for about $250 online. Before the Canon he used a 12-megapixel Sony, and before that a 6-megapixel Sony that was actually his favorite because, get this, 14 megapixels is too much resolution.

“14 megapixels is almost too much for what I need to take convincing diorama shots. There is too much information being recorded which makes every little detail show up in the photographs,” he tells Fstoppers. “When working with miniatures, at least for myself, too much detail distracts from the total scene.”

Lifted from the article. Dont think this has much to do with Pentax/Rioch! though the photography is fascinating.

D

womble

Link Posted 16/10/2013 - 21:56
Great stuff. His images were featured in Amateur Photographer a couple of years ago. K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

geordie01

Link Posted 16/10/2013 - 22:41
But these are not pentax images!!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.