More k-3 images inc ISO 3200

cabstar

Link Posted 16/10/2013 - 12:58
This looks impressive at ISO 3200

And a clear plastic version of the k-3 revealing the innards, follow the stream and there are shots of the sensor and k mount stripped bare.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

Mike-P

Link Posted 16/10/2013 - 13:12
Will wait for some full size raw files before comparing ISO performance. Looks ok from the limited Jpeg though.
. My Flickr

bettyswolloks

Link Posted 16/10/2013 - 13:27
That does look clean and tidy I really hope they've knocked the K3 out of the ball park right from the off

Mongoose

Link Posted 16/10/2013 - 13:56
I hope that's representative, looks like my K10D at about 400!
you don't have to be mad to post here

but it does help

redbusa99

Link Posted 16/10/2013 - 14:07
stuff all the colours i want a clear plastic one with light leakage compensation
odd lens or 2

Flickr

Fletcher8

Link Posted 16/10/2013 - 14:37
Thanks for the link Gary. I am now questioning wether I still need full frame in relation to using ISO 2000 to 3200.

I really hope the AF is another leap forward from the K5 and the K5ll? I guess time will tell.

I have sold one of my K5lls's and placed an order for a K3 with SRS. I prey that the K3 delivers as this is the last time I will be able to invest in a camera body for the next 3 years unless commissioned work increases.

The K3 is looking really good on paper and from the images I have seen, its looking very promising.
Fletcher8.

cabstar

Link Posted 16/10/2013 - 15:09
The exif says firmware v0.36 so its still on prototype firmware.

that clear k3 with the red seals looks the bomb i would love one of those...
Concert photography

Papa_Lazarou

Link Posted 16/10/2013 - 15:27
Impressive stuff. I'm looking forward to November for sure.

Fletcher8

Link Posted 16/10/2013 - 15:28
Could you imagine the look on other togs faces if you were shooing with a camera that was transparent?

Clearly you would get a lot of interest. Lol
Fletcher8.

Fletcher8

Link Posted 16/10/2013 - 15:30
Gary are you tempted by the K3 or are you staying with K5ll?
Fletcher8.

cabstar

Link Posted 16/10/2013 - 15:56
My choice is to gi full frame or go k-3 and have the mkii as a backup. Big decision ti be made and it will boil down to iso performance. I am happy with Pentax af so that's now out of the equation. I just live the quality of concert photography ff brings tobthe table..
Concert photography

Fletcher8

Link Posted 16/10/2013 - 16:10
Thanks Gary. Ii too was thinking about FF, but if the K3 can really shoot clean at ISO 2000 to 3200 I will be more than happy. The improved AF would be a bonus but I have learned a few ways around the current limitations. For me personally, I don't think FF will give me anymore advantage and the cost of buying new glass just seems mad. Of course I may change my mind at a later date, but it really enjoy using Pentax so I would be willing to wait a while until a FF model is released and I have the funds.

Fletcher8
Fletcher8.

Gravelrash

Link Posted 16/10/2013 - 16:35
Fletcher8 wrote:
Thanks for the link Gary. I am now questioning wether I still need full frame in relation to using ISO 2000 to 3200.

I really hope the AF is another leap forward from the K5 and the K5ll? I guess time will tell.

I have sold one of my K5lls's and placed an order for a K3 with SRS. I prey that the K3 delivers as this is the last time I will be able to invest in a camera body for the next 3 years unless commissioned work increases.

The K3 is looking really good on paper and from the images I have seen, its looking very promising.

I'm glad there's other reckless mavericks on the forums. I have never bought anything pre-production before but ordered a K-3. Putting a lot of faith in Pentax/Ricoh and it's a little unnerving
Steve

Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes not, but I consider sarcasm an artform. Which is it today?

Fletcher8

Link Posted 16/10/2013 - 18:38
I'm glad there's other reckless mavericks on the forums. I have never bought anything pre-production before but ordered a K-3. Putting a lot of faith in Pentax/Ricoh and it's a little unnerving [/quote]

Sometimes you need to be a little maverick in your outlook. I started out with a Pentax K10 and have worked through most of the k series DSLR's except the K20, the KX & KR. I personally found improvements in all of the cameras, so I am optimistic in that I am sure the K3 will not disappoint.
Fletcher8.

Dodge69

Link Posted 16/10/2013 - 20:24
Hmmm, I been shooting the K5 & K5iis at ISO quite a lot recently as I like to recreate a some film grain in B&W mode, (avoiding any PP and pretending its an MX loaded with Kodak 400bw).

If you look at the previous shot:

link

the improvement is minimal if any.......
Pentax pour des images riches en détails!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.