Mirrorless Lens Forums: Registration issues

Banjo
Posted 23/07/2010 - 01:49 Link
I got an e-mailed invitation to join the above forum but, when I attempted to do so, my registration was rejected with the claim that my e-mail address was that of a known spammer . When I tried to contact the MLF to explain my difficulty, my e-mail "bounced".

I guess, I won't be joining the said forums anytime soon.
Edited by Banjo: 23/07/2010 - 01:49
johnriley
Posted 23/07/2010 - 08:11 Link
Not really something that PU can address, but why not use a back up e-mail address? If you don't have another then why not sign up for a free one at Yahoo or wherever is appropriate for you?
Best regards, John
Hardgravity
Posted 23/07/2010 - 08:19 Link
I'll agree with John here.

I have several e-mail addresses that I use for different purposes, such as sites I trust ones I need to log into but don't trust etc.

Get a new address and try again.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

PPG entries.
flossie
Posted 23/07/2010 - 08:20 Link
That's an offshoot of the Other Forum, you'll need to raise registration issues here

p.s.
I own my own domains, so every forum or company I register with gets a unique email address (e.g. GrammerPedantsForum@...). Its quite handy, both for seeing who is sending you junk mail, and when a forum you no longer use gets hacked (old phpBB forums mostly) and its database stolen for spam, you can just block anything that comes to that address entirely.
Still shooting in the dark (literally and metaphorically)...
Edited by flossie: 23/07/2010 - 08:24
Gwyn
Posted 23/07/2010 - 09:12 Link
That would be GrammArPedantsForum@

Oh and you have to be logged in to the Other Forum to see that message flossie.

As a long time lurker there I have no inclination to join, certainly not just to read the message.
flossie
Posted 23/07/2010 - 09:21 Link
Its for Grammar Pedants, not Spelling Pendants (sic.)

Anyway, its worth registering as a user, simply because then it shows you new posts in threads if you don't look at them, which it also remembers over multiple visits (unlike this forum), as well as which threads you've looked-at before.

I've made a grand total of one post there, and that was only out of irritation...
Still shooting in the dark (literally and metaphorically)...
Edited by flossie: 23/07/2010 - 09:22
Gwyn
Posted 23/07/2010 - 09:54 Link
flossie wrote:


I've made a grand total of one post there, and that was only out of irritation...
That's why I don't join. It irritates me beyond belief at times, and I don't won't to post replies and get a poor reputation there. I check in maybe every two day s or so and see what's going on.

I was disappointed no dual members championed this forum over there in the thread about the magazine's demise.
That nearly made me join.


Can you have good grammar and poor spelling??

Sorry Banjo, I've just gone way off your topic. However, since Pentax don't have an EVIL and aren't likely to have one I don't see why you would want to join that forum anyway. It seems an odd spin off from a Pentax forum too.
MrCynical
Posted 23/07/2010 - 14:43 Link
flossie wrote:
p.s.
I own my own domains, so every forum or company I register with gets a unique email address (e.g. GrammerPedantsForum@...). Its quite handy, both for seeing who is sending you junk mail, and when a forum you no longer use gets hacked (old phpBB forums mostly) and its database stolen for spam, you can just block anything that comes to that address entirely.
I thought I was the only one sad enough to do that

As regards the Other Forum, I personally finding reading the Pro Digital forum on DPReview to be far more entertaining - the level of sheer hate that gets casually batted around is astonishing!
Oggy
Posted 23/07/2010 - 21:24 Link
I used to do the same with my freeserve email address and had no spam at all but short of having my own domain I cannot find another ISP you can do it with.
Gwyn
Posted 23/07/2010 - 21:28 Link
Weirdly enough although my e-mail address has been around since the dawn of the Net nearly I get very little spam. My filter by the ISP is set to low too.

The gmail account also gets very little, and that is the one I tend to use for forums.

I have my own domain too, but my husband has taken over all the e-mail addresses on that .
polchraine
Posted 24/07/2010 - 06:03 Link
flossie wrote:
Its for Grammar Pedants, not Spelling Pendants (sic.)
To quote from Chambers

grammar noun 1 the accepted rules by which words are formed and combined into sentences.
.
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...
Edited by polchraine: 24/07/2010 - 06:03
Banjo
Posted 26/07/2010 - 02:33 Link
Gwyn wrote:
...Sorry Banjo, I've just gone way off your topic. However, since Pentax don't have an EVIL and aren't likely to have one I don't see why you would want to join that forum anyway. It seems an odd spin off from a Pentax forum too...
Good point.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo