Microglobe

python118

Link Posted 24/03/2014 - 12:38
I purchased a 55-300 off them at £212 it found to be damaged but they replaced it no problem there is a months warranty according to the web site

Regards Dave

ilovesaabs

Link Posted 24/03/2014 - 13:58
If it says Pentax on the box and the item is as described then I am satisfied...

My FA35mm f2.0 was US-sourced

If Microglobe say UK-sourced then I would expect it to be UK-sourced, if they do not make such a claim then where the gear is from is open to interpretation....I do have an issue of one retailer telling customers goods from other retailers are grey..
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff

northernmonkey

Link Posted 24/03/2014 - 15:46
ilovesaabs wrote:
If it says Pentax on the box and the item is as described then I am satisfied...

My FA35mm f2.0 was US-sourced

If Microglobe say UK-sourced then I would expect it to be UK-sourced, if they do not make such a claim then where the gear is from is open to interpretation....I do have an issue of one retailer telling customers goods from other retailers are grey..

So you know, I am not a retailer...I work in the Pharma industry.
I just think we should support the retailers that support the UK economy in the right way.

They do offer a 30 day exchange, if the goods are returned exactly how you recieve them, even the battery cannot be charged!!!

Unused Means
No sign of use (dust lines/scratches) on the item.
The battery must not be charged.
The seal of instruction manual or CD seal must not be opened.
Seal of filters should not be broken
All packs and wraps should be the same as received by the customer.

The above is taken from the website.

There are many very good dealers that are working hard and these guys are surely not playing the right game...

CMW

Link Posted 24/03/2014 - 17:14
northernmonkey wrote:
There are many very good dealers that are working hard and these guys are surely not playing the right game...

I have bought one or two smallish things from Microglobe, without problems -- and indeed for at least one item (German) they were the only UK stockist I could find.

But it is always useful to know about trades that go wrong, simply because if they are numerous enough it rings alarm bells. There doesn't so far (yourself excepted) appear to be a problem amongst members on this forum, but your comments did send me to Trustpilot for a quick check. The comments on there are interesting. It is unusual to see quite such a large number of one-star reviews, and while online ratings have to be treated with a certain amount of healthy scepticism, it is clear that the business does stir up discontent over its after-sales performance.
Regards, Christopher

ChristopherWheelerPhotography

gartmore

Link Posted 24/03/2014 - 18:41
Well I had never heard of them but I've just ordered a mount shield lens for the Q at £26.14 which is about what I'm prepared to pay for something I may not like.

I'll be sure to let you know how the purchase goes.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

JAK

Link Posted 24/03/2014 - 20:16
northernmonkey wrote:
So you know, I am not a retailer...I work in the Pharma industry.
I just think we should support the retailers that support the UK economy in the right way.

They do offer a 30 day exchange, if the goods are returned exactly how you recieve them, even the battery cannot be charged!!!

Unused Means
No sign of use (dust lines/scratches) on the item.
The battery must not be charged.
The seal of instruction manual or CD seal must not be opened.
Seal of filters should not be broken
All packs and wraps should be the same as received by the customer.

The above is taken from the website.

I don't believe they are doing anything wrong. They'll be bound by the distance selling regulations. If you aren't sure what they are I took the following off the Which Web site
Which? Consumer Rights Magazine wrote:
Goodwill returns policy

The good news is that most retailers choose to provide a 'goodwill' returns policy offering an exchange, refund or credit note for most returns.

And if your item was bought online, over the phone, or by mail order you have additional rights to return it under the Distance Selling Regulations.
Check returns policy before you buy

You can only return non-faulty goods for an exchange or refund if the retailer has a returns policy.

It's worth noting that shops aren't required by law to have a returns policy, but if they do have one they must stick to it.

Under the Sale of Goods Act you have a statutory right to return something and get your money back if it's faulty.

But you're only entitled to a refund if you return it within three to four weeks, otherwise you can get a repair or replacement.

Returns policies are usually displayed on receipts, on signs in-store and online.You can also ring the shop's customer services line to find out its returns policy.

Most retailers impose time limits for returning non-faulty products, such as 28 days, but many extend around Christmas for example, so you might have more time than you think.

If you paid by credit card, you also have extra protection under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act.

John K

MattyH

Link Posted 24/03/2014 - 21:10
gartmore wrote:
Well I had never heard of them but I've just ordered a mount shield lens for the Q at £26.14 which is about what I'm prepared to pay for something I may not like.

Ken, Mine arrived today from Microglobe along with another Q lens and with no problem at all, in all fairness I had never dealt with them or even heard of them until this thread, but first impressions are very, very good.
Last Edited by MattyH on 24/03/2014 - 21:11

JonSchick

Link Posted 24/03/2014 - 21:12
They are based within 10 minutes of my work. At least it's a real shop (albeit one stacked with boxes of stuff rather than offering service and advice) that's been there for quite a few years - I'd prefer to buy there than some of the HK based Internet companies that appear to be based at first sight.

I've bought a few filters and couple of Sigma lenses from Microglobe over the years. Never had to return anything so can't comment on the after sales service. But I can tell you for nothing that I'd prefer to give Microglobe my money than the so-called "pro centre" barrow-boys at TCR Spectrum just around the corner from my office....they really are truly truly dreadful.

MrB

Link Posted 24/03/2014 - 23:30
Obviously, it is to be hoped that no-one has a problem with a purchase from Microglobe, or any other company, but trying to make some sort of moral issue of this seems a bit daft to me. If they are based in a shop in this country (UK), presumably they must comply with the Sale of Goods Act and all other trading regulations here. If they are legally bypassing some duties, and passing the benefits on to customers, then good on them. If Microglobe are selling things at the lowest prices, the guys working there are likely to be working very hard, as demand will result in them having to shift out lots of stock. If they are successfully selling more Pentax gear, that means an increased Pentax presence out there in the community which, in the medium and longer term, must be of benefit to Pentax/Ricoh, and to all of us as Pentax users.

Cheers.
Philip

gartmore

Link Posted 24/03/2014 - 23:45
MattyH wrote:
gartmore wrote:

Ken, Mine arrived today from Microglobe along with another Q lens and with no problem at all, in all fairness I had never dealt with them or even heard of them until this thread, but first impressions are very, very good.

How long did it take?
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

MattyH

Link Posted 25/03/2014 - 04:58
gartmore wrote:
MattyH wrote:
Quote:

How long did it take?

2 working days, but I did have them delivered to my office in London so they didn't have that far to travel.

MrB

Link Posted 25/03/2014 - 11:44
python118 wrote:
I purchased a 55-300 off them at £212 it found to be damaged but they replaced it no problem there is a months warranty according to the web site

Regards Dave

The warranty for an item, as stated on the Microglobe Sales Invoice, is 12 months. The one month quoted is the period during which a replacement or a refund for the faulty item is offered.

Philip

gartmore

Link Posted 26/03/2014 - 14:20
Well my lens has just arrived so that was pretty much next day delivery. A quick play and I think I'm going to like it
Ken

grahamcoad

Link Posted 01/04/2014 - 10:14
I look at this in a completely different way. We have been part of the Eurppean Union for over 40 years (like it or not.)

Our world has become globalised, and with the Internet I can interact with people all around the planet.

Why should I not be able to buy from wherever I wish?

Surely by now there should be international warranties, effective in whatever country you happen to be in, irrespective of where you bought an item?

These restrictive practices are now outdated.

I own at least one lens I bought from Japan, and even with proper customs duty, VAT and handling charge it was still less expensive than anywhere in the UK. It's a top class Pentax lens, and the chances of it going wrong in the first two years is, in reality, extremely small.

Graham.
K-1, Sigma 12-24mm DG EX, Sigma 24-70mm DG EX, K-3, White K-01 with 40mm XS and white 35mm f2.4, SMC Pentax FA 1.8 31mm AL Limited, 43mm f1.9 Limited, 77mm f1.8 Limited, Sigma 17-50 f2.8, SMC Pentax DA* 50-135 f2.8, MX + SMC M 50mm f1.4, SMC A 50mm f1.4, SMC A 50mm f1.2, Spotmatic F 55mm f1.8, ES with 55mm f1.8 and 28mm f3.5, Program Plus (Chrome) with SMC A 50mm f1.7, Pentax 6x7, Leica ii, plus misc. odds and sods)

Conqueror

Link Posted 21/04/2014 - 22:42
Bought a lens for the first time (for me) a few weeks ago from Microglobe

No problems, all as expected etc.

Would buy again from MG, knowing if I did have a problem they also have a physical store

At current prices, MG vs others... I could see myself buying again from MG if I didn't buy second hand on here for instance
K-3ii
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.