Metz 58 or AF540FGZ as replacement flash.
Posted 10/09/2011 - 23:07
Link
rparmar wrote:
I find however that one or two stops of faster shutter speed is all that's needed. Unless the band are performing on horseback or something.
I find however that one or two stops of faster shutter speed is all that's needed. Unless the band are performing on horseback or something.
Never had to deal with horses at a gig. Lots of stage-diving by the crowd and even the band. But never on horseback. You never know though - someday...
K-5, Sigma 17-70 DC, FA 50 1.7, DA 50-200 & Metz 58AF-1.
Posted 10/09/2011 - 23:11
Link
Anvh wrote:
I find 1/60 fast enough and i think it gives just the right amount of blur when they are moving.
But we all shoot differently.
Sometimes I'd like to use a speed faster than 1/60, especially when something dramatic is happening (e.g. guitarist leaping in the air).I find 1/60 fast enough and i think it gives just the right amount of blur when they are moving.
But we all shoot differently.
And sometimes a slower speed mixed with some trailing shutter works a treat for something more unusual. Like this - link
K-5, Sigma 17-70 DC, FA 50 1.7, DA 50-200 & Metz 58AF-1.
Posted 10/09/2011 - 23:22
Link
I would just love to have some sense of motion in the leap though or else it gets so static.
I don't believe photos have to be sharp to be alive.
That's indeed very creative use of the flash, not sure i would do that though but it surely looks fun
I don't believe photos have to be sharp to be alive.
That's indeed very creative use of the flash, not sure i would do that though but it surely looks fun
Posted 11/09/2011 - 00:06
Link
Anvh wrote:
If the manual was one sentence i'm impressed
In this and other threads you feel the need to tear apart the information I am giving to help other people. The fact you do so quite badly, with no regard for either context or logic, hardly helps your position.If the manual was one sentence i'm impressed
From now on I will respond to your negative and unhelpful comments with "please stop being a prat".
Posted 11/09/2011 - 11:34
Link
rparmar wrote:
In this and other threads you feel the need to tear apart the information I am giving to help other people. The fact you do so quite badly, with no regard for either context or logic, hardly helps your position.
From now on I will respond to your negative and unhelpful comments with "please stop being a prat".
I might not express it so subtle as most of you do but was what i said here so wrong then?In this and other threads you feel the need to tear apart the information I am giving to help other people. The fact you do so quite badly, with no regard for either context or logic, hardly helps your position.
From now on I will respond to your negative and unhelpful comments with "please stop being a prat".
If you are mad at me about this then i simply feel sorry for you, if calling me a prat makes you feel better then go on and do it.
Posted 11/09/2011 - 17:34
Link
This forum would be a lot better with an ignore feature. As it is I must abandon threads completely. I am far too old to tolerate passive-aggressive behaviour. Then again, I felt the same at 14.
Posted 11/09/2011 - 17:39
Link
Will you please stop bickering. It should be possible to discuss a flashgun without resorting to personalities. Any further posts will just be deleted if they are not firmly on-topic.
Best regards, John
Posted 11/09/2011 - 20:36
Link
I have the Metz. It's a great flash, but the menu is a bit hard to navigate. However, as I usually have the same flash setup this isn't a problem for me.
EM
EM
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



10412 posts
18 years
Dordrecht,
the Netherlands
Well, sure. Wasn't meaning my comments to stand in for a full read of the manual! Just a couple suggestions. I find however that one or two stops of faster shutter speed is all that's needed. Unless the band are performing on horseback or something.
If i would use flash during concert i would use it to lower the ISO with one stop, with the K5 i'm around ISO1600 most of the time 1/60 shutterspeed at f/2.8
I find 1/60 fast enough and i think it gives just the right amount of blur when they are moving.
But we all shoot differently.
K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ