Metz 45 CL-4 battery pack battery replacement

Sdeve

Link Posted 16/02/2014 - 19:37
I have a couple of Metz hammerhead flashguns that I think are just great. But...

The NiCd batteries in the battery pack are just about stuffed. I'm looking to change them, preferably for NiMH, but I can't get the pack apart to do this. Anyone done such a thing? In theory it seems entirely possible, and there should be no problems voltage or charging wise. The problem just seems to be down to how to get the pack apart without trashing it.

sterretje

Link Posted 17/02/2014 - 05:03
You can always buy a battery holder 45-39; costs $25 at B&H, could not find a price in the UK.
Pentax K10D + Vivitar 55/2.8 macro + Super Takumar 55/1.8 + SuperMultiCoated Takumar 85/1.8 + SuperMultiCoated Takumar 135/3.5 + SuperMultiCoated Takumar 200/4 + Super Takumar 300/4
Pentax K100D + DA18-55ALII + DA55-300
Pentax K5 + FA31Ltd + M50/1.7 + DFA100WR + M120/2.8 (+ DA18-55WR at occasion)

Sdeve

Link Posted 17/02/2014 - 10:13
I can get a holder for Alkaline batteries from eBay for 12 no problem. Holders for Nicads / Nimh are different because they have different connector points because of the difference in voltage. I have replacement Nicad batteries ready and waiting but I can't get the holder part without risk of breaking it. I'm hoping that I'm just missing something on the construction, but if not, I'm hoping that someone can tell me which bits to break.

digikid-tv

Link Posted 18/02/2014 - 20:35
The end of the battery pack that normally sits in the flash (the bit with the sliding 'switch') will unclip and remove to reveal a screw. Undo this screw and the pack will separate.

I am happily using mine recelled with NiMh cells. It is tricky to reassemble and make it all fit again as the original tags are spotwelded in the correct orientation, the replacements will be (if like mine) at right angles. I also successfully use a 'Sonia' brand adaptor for NiMh AA cells as a second pack.

I was not aware of any different connector points??
John
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.