me thinks this is a hybrid MEF
Posted 08/02/2011 - 13:01
Link
That's a very rare camera in black! Certainly had some parts added from a silver version though - I see the lens standard, base plate, self timer lever and film winder all out of place.
I bet if you put it on eBay though there'd still be a collector willing to pay a pretty penny for it as it stands.
I bet if you put it on eBay though there'd still be a collector willing to pay a pretty penny for it as it stands.
Joining the Q
Posted 08/02/2011 - 13:08
Link
My favourite from the pre-Super A bodies. The AF indicator works better than the one in my K20D The metering on mine is kaputt
What lens have you used Gary... that's the worst PF I've seen on a camera shot even on ebay The K-5 has problems with PF but the K-7 is very good.... must be the lens
What lens have you used Gary... that's the worst PF I've seen on a camera shot even on ebay The K-5 has problems with PF but the K-7 is very good.... must be the lens
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 08/02/2011 - 13:08
Link
The battery compartment door on the ME-F is a bit fragile. Perhaps someone put a more common chrome one onto a black ME-F to replace the door?
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 08/02/2011 - 13:15
Link
The battery door is original. A rectangular sliding plate which releases after pressing a button. I think the black top is the addition and the camera was originally chrome?
Best regards
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 08/02/2011 - 13:54
Link
I would suspect this is someone combining the bits from a broken black ME F (very rare) with the body from a silver one (slightly less rare). I've done it myself with a dead black ME Super and a scruffy but working (after some prodding) silver example
The ME F is a bit of an oddball. You can take the focusing screen out from the front by undoing a couple of tiny screws where the prism protrudes down into the mirror box, just like the MG. I really wish they'd made all the M series that way as I've got a couple with appalling dust or marks on the screen, but can't get the part off for cleaning or replacement with a good spare.
The ME F is a bit of an oddball. You can take the focusing screen out from the front by undoing a couple of tiny screws where the prism protrudes down into the mirror box, just like the MG. I really wish they'd made all the M series that way as I've got a couple with appalling dust or marks on the screen, but can't get the part off for cleaning or replacement with a good spare.
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Posted 09/02/2011 - 10:09
Link
Algernon wrote:
My favourite from the pre-Super A bodies. The AF indicator works better than the one in my K20D The metering on mine is kaputt
What lens have you used Gary... that's the worst PF I've seen on a camera shot even on ebay The K-5 has problems with PF but the K-7 is very good.... must be the lens
Did you miss this post Gary or am I to assume you used a Nikon Lens
My favourite from the pre-Super A bodies. The AF indicator works better than the one in my K20D The metering on mine is kaputt
What lens have you used Gary... that's the worst PF I've seen on a camera shot even on ebay The K-5 has problems with PF but the K-7 is very good.... must be the lens
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 09/02/2011 - 15:36
Link
AFAIK the lens mount surround, self timer lever, and winder lever/top are the same as on other M series bodies, so you could swap them with black ones from a broken MV1 (not exactly hard to find). The baseplate would be harder.
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6417 posts
17 years
The pentaprism is black. Its been doctered. Seems to work OK.
Best regards