ME Super, not so super.
Posted 08/05/2005 - 21:22
Link
Unless the ME Super is in exceptional condition, it probably isn't worth having it repaired as so many of them are available at such low prices.
M series cameras are reputedly prone to wind on failure - I have to say I have never experienced this but others do report problems.
You could always get a quote for repair and see, but you might get a mint ME Super for less on eBay. (Be careful though!)
M series cameras are reputedly prone to wind on failure - I have to say I have never experienced this but others do report problems.
You could always get a quote for repair and see, but you might get a mint ME Super for less on eBay. (Be careful though!)
Best regards, John
Posted 08/05/2005 - 21:59
Link
Hi Martin,
This problem is symptomatic of the rubber bushes going. Spares are difficult to come by so, as John says, it is probably too difficult or expensive to get it repaired. The same thing happened to my sisters MEF and on my recommendation she sent it to Mike Spencer who said there was little he could do at a sensible price. I managed to get a soultion butbuying a Junker for about £2 and Mike then used this for spares for my Sister's camera. In the end, it probably cost the same as a replacement off eBay but she had a fully CLA'd camera with a known history rather than an unknown one which may need a CLA anyway.
Just don't buy a Junker that has failed because of the bushes
Regards
Kim
This problem is symptomatic of the rubber bushes going. Spares are difficult to come by so, as John says, it is probably too difficult or expensive to get it repaired. The same thing happened to my sisters MEF and on my recommendation she sent it to Mike Spencer who said there was little he could do at a sensible price. I managed to get a soultion butbuying a Junker for about £2 and Mike then used this for spares for my Sister's camera. In the end, it probably cost the same as a replacement off eBay but she had a fully CLA'd camera with a known history rather than an unknown one which may need a CLA anyway.
Just don't buy a Junker that has failed because of the bushes
Regards
Kim
Posted 08/05/2005 - 23:41
Link
A Junker is bad news, but not as bad as a Fokker. Or did you mean junker?
G (showing his age and being pedantic).
G (showing his age and being pedantic).
Posted 08/05/2005 - 23:49
Link
I have a relatively famous ancestor (Edward Fitzgerald) who was noted in literary circles for his Use Of Capitalisation. It was a sort of quirk of his, but it did give an emphasis to Important Things.
A A Milne also does it as well in the Pooh books, perhaps when describing a Bear Of Very Little Brain.
Language is wonderful!
A A Milne also does it as well in the Pooh books, perhaps when describing a Bear Of Very Little Brain.
Language is wonderful!
Best regards, John
Posted 09/05/2005 - 00:16
Link
Hi G,
I suppose it might have something to do with being in the RAF for 29 years In any case for it to be really bad news, it would have to be a Junkers.
Kim
I suppose it might have something to do with being in the RAF for 29 years In any case for it to be really bad news, it would have to be a Junkers.
Kim
Posted 09/05/2005 - 11:27
Link
Er, thanks
Sounds like I'm gonna have to introduce my once 'super' camera to the dustbin. This is very sad.
Thanks, to some of you, for your helpful advice. As for the others, I'll be sure to get in touch the moment I have a problem with aircraft recognition.
I'm off to mourn for my camera now.
Cheers
Martin
Sounds like I'm gonna have to introduce my once 'super' camera to the dustbin. This is very sad.
Thanks, to some of you, for your helpful advice. As for the others, I'll be sure to get in touch the moment I have a problem with aircraft recognition.
I'm off to mourn for my camera now.
Cheers
Martin
Posted 09/05/2005 - 23:01
Link
Kim,
I thought it should have been Junkers with an S, but found lots of references on Google to Junker. Ah, well.
John R
Edward Fitzgerald! I have a small leather-bound edition of his magnum opus. A great scholar, and a great poet (he translated very freely), but I wonder how many people today know who he is and why he was so famous. How nice to be related to such an eminent Victorian.
G
I thought it should have been Junkers with an S, but found lots of references on Google to Junker. Ah, well.
John R
Edward Fitzgerald! I have a small leather-bound edition of his magnum opus. A great scholar, and a great poet (he translated very freely), but I wonder how many people today know who he is and why he was so famous. How nice to be related to such an eminent Victorian.
G
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2 posts
21 years
Can anyone help? I have an ME Super that is winding on through a whole film without letting me take a single shot. It started by needing to be wound on twice each time thus making a 24 exp' film into a 12 exp but now it has deciced to go the whole hog and just wind on and on.
Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Martin