ME Super - second hand value

Bagpuss

Link Posted 04/11/2003 - 16:27
I was just talking to my father last night and mentioned I was planning to buy an old secondhand Pentax as a back up in case my modern one stopped working (as it did in the humidity on holiday this year). He reminded me that he has 2 ME Super's lurking in the loft and I said I'd love to take one off his hands - for whatever the market rate is.

So, does anyone have any idea of the approximate market rate for a well used secondhand ME Super. Knowing my father they'll have been treated with respect, but not pampered, so they'll probably be in good but not excellent condition. I don't know the exact age of either.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Anna

MattMatic

Link Posted 04/11/2003 - 17:07
Anna,

You can get a pretty good idea by looking at the second hand stores on the 'net:

www.mxv.co.uk (they have an ME Super body at 79)

www.ffordes.co.uk (they list a body at 79, with 50mm between 89 and 110)

www.ebay.co.uk - do a search for something similar and click on the "Watch this item" (assuming you are registered with ebay). When the auction finishes you can review the final price in "My ebay".

Hope that helps
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)

grahamwalton

Link Posted 04/11/2003 - 19:56
I agree with Matt about the 89 to 110 price with 50mm lens. This obviously includes approx 6 months warranty and of course VAT.
From experience the shop buying in price is approx 50% of these values.

Lofts often overheat in the summer and can be cold in the winter. Watch out for perished foam in the body and spidering fungus growth on the optics.

graham walton

Anonymous

Link Posted 05/11/2003 - 13:05
Thanks for the pointers. It would be body only, so I suppose a bit less than 79 would be about right (because I won't be getting a warranty!!).

Thanks especially for the reminder re checking the condition. I know they have been used relatively recently, so hopefully will be OK - but I'll give them both a good inspection.

Bagpuss

Link Posted 05/11/2003 - 13:08
Sorry, don't know quite what happened there. I was logged in, but it posted me as guest. In case it does it again, both this post and the last were from me, Bagpuss, the original poster!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.