ME Super.....problem!

Anonymous
Posted 04/10/2005 - 22:28 Link
I have recently acquired a Pentax ME Super, it had a jammed winder, I managed to discover the fault causing this, but now the winder only works intermittently! When looking inside whilst winding on the mechanism is turning all of its cogs, but doesn't actually 'lock' in order to release the shutter! Has anyone else come across this problem? Is there a simple cure? Or am I looking at a hefty bill?
Many thanks to anyone who can help!
Kim C
Posted 05/10/2005 - 09:49 Link
Hi,
It is difficult to be certain from your description, but this sounds as though the rubber bushes have gone. The ME range are prone to this and it cannot be cured by a service. The bushes need to be replaced and about the only source is another camera. If it is the bushes and unkless the camera has a sentimental value, I would suggest that it is beyond economic repair.

Kim

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo