Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Mature Model

malcombe
Posted 28/01/2015 - 18:04 Link
As a born again teenager, I would like to get into portraiture again and experiment with various in camera and post processing.

I am looking for mature female models (50 years +). In the experience of fellow PU sers what would be the best way to approach this? I should say that I relocated to my current area just 2 years ago.

I'm not keen on just approaching potential sitters/complete strangers, and Camera clubs/group sessions are a definite NO!

Does any members have a good way-tried and tested?

Hope someone is able to assist here.
Malcombe
johnriley
Posted 28/01/2015 - 18:58 Link
There are model websites and this works well for many. There's advertising, even in the local newsagents, but you might get some strange responses. You could ask friends and relatives. You could even ask on Facebook, but perhaps on a suitable page that covers portraiture.

Why are camera clubs such a no? You could meet people who already know suitable models that you can hire. You don't have to get involved in group shoots if you don't want to.

Some studios offer model registers and I'm sure there must be such studios in your area.
Best regards, John
malcombe
Posted 28/01/2015 - 19:36 Link
Thanks John. I think newsagents could draw the wrong conclusion for many people.

I do not like camera clubs because having been to a couple in my time have found them to be extremely cliquey there's the Canonites, the Nikonites, and those that have the latest body, lens etc. But I may do as you suggest regarding using the clubs and try to find a local studio, but have yet to find one locally.

Back to google....
Posted 28/01/2015 - 19:38 Link
You could always just ask people on the street like I doComment Image
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.

Check out ones photographs on Flickr!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.